1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

*--===* R 3 5 1 5 7 0 R *===--*

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Variant, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

all i have to say is

Resistor 1 Burbclavers 0

Wicked underground goa event.. just the right number of people.. lots of work put into the decorations.. the flags were especially nice!

Sets:

Psi-ko-tec: very smooth as usual.. kept everyone on the dancefloor.

Graver: probably the hardest in your face goa set i've ever heard.. lots of that heavy guitar injected psystuff ala Etnica Resistance and Dark Soho. Nice mixing for his first big gig. Kept me sweating for an hour!

Jarek and Jebidiah: dark dark hard solid psy set after the assault from Graver. Kept everyone bouncing on the floor as always.

DJ Dam: holy fuck! this guy just slaughters dancefloors. What was that track you spun in the middle of your set that had everyone cheering when it broke down in the middle? Some nice uplifting near the end really added a nice touch.. a wicked way to end a wicked party!

Congrats clay for a terrific first jam.. serious potential on the horizon for the Resistor crew!

2. graver

graver TRIBE Member

Thanks for the encouragement. It was such a great time throwing it together and the vibe on the floor all night was fantastic and uplifting. Although I was impressed by all of the other DJ's, Dam proved yet again why he's my favourite DJ in Toronto, and I almost cried his set was so good. Aaron's lighting being so bang on really added to the effect.

It was a great time, and I wish that I hadn't been running around so much worrying about everyone else enjoying themselves, but by the number of people who didn't leave the dance floor and the cheers at the end of the party, I'm pretty sure we did well, and I hope that everyone comes out again on August 25th for R2... new and improved deco, and a new crew of Toronto's best DJ's. Thanks everyone for their support in making this the best party I've been to in a long time, and especially to the other DJ's who played so well and made the night what it was.

As this was our first event, I'm hoping that anyone who was there can write down their thoughts and feelings about R351570R, as we want to do this again and make it even better. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

gR4^3r...
    www.cyborganization.org

3. djdam

djdam TRIBE Member

Variant wrot:

"DJ Dam: holy fuck! this guy just slaughters dancefloors. What was that track you spun in the middle of your set that had everyone cheering when it broke down in the middle? Some nice uplifting near the end really added a nice touch.. a wicked way to end a wicked party!"

Hey Variant, I think that the track you're asking about was probably The Shrink by Nervous Breakdown which is an older track but still rocks.

Nice to have an up for it crowd to play for. A party isn't made by the DJ, it's made by the dancefloor - wikkid vibes on Sat. night!

Good work Bathory and Graver. Or should I say lotsa work - he he. Hey but it's worth it to see a room go off, right!?!

R3151574N[3 15 FU71L3

4. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

thanks dam. you must return for R2!

5. DarkRave

DarkRave TRIBE Member

I apologize for the delay in posting this.

One word summarizes the event: F A C H T [​IMG]

Graver.. Thank you for throwing this wikkid party! *if i missed somebody sorry and thank you!*

I think I lost about 2 - 3 lbs that nite coz I was dancing my buttoks off like sumtin fierce! The no attitude vibe was really nice, the decor was great especially the crazee neon bubbles *need more black light stuff tho but thats just me*, and the DJs were fricken awesome! Boo-yah!

Pssst! hey! It would also be neater if the venue could be longer I mean 4 or 5 am is ok but it is also the "Im getting my second wind" time. If it could go on to 7 or 8 am *lets Freak out to GOA and see the sun come up* that would be insane!!

I cant wait for the next gig as it can only get better *fingers crossed*...

To the DJs: I have always thought of GOA/PSY Trance as being relentless like the pounding of waves upon the surf. It also gives off the feeling of something is about to happen or reminds me of a call: like a war horn being blown. Thank you for enriching our senses and punishing our bodies and I also say BRING IT ON..

Till the next event.

Love and Laughter..
    Pen

6. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

I second the blacklight thing. The UV cannon things don't do nearly as good a job as the UV bars they used at the bla stage at OM. Everything within a certain radius glowed! The UV cannons barely light up what they're pointing at. Just a thought.

7. graver

graver TRIBE Member

Agreed... we didn't have time to do a lot of the deco we'd planned, and only got about 2/3 of it ready/up in time for the gig. Next time there will be much more UV Reactivity, and yes, BlackLight bars, I promise.

This appears to have been posted in a thread named in error... I'm not too sure where the confusion lay with the difference in music, deco and theme, as well as name.

It was actually over 200 people, and thanks for the compliments! I'll see you again on Saturday, August 25th, at Reverb.