Poor little angel....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Smiley Jo, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

Oh my god. :(
    I just saw on the TV in the elevator that they found the body of that poor little girl who was missing.
    I think her name was Alexis, she was only two or three.
    It breaks my heart.
    I just can't understand what would make someone do such a horrible thing.
    I was hoping she was somewhere safe... I guess i'm just naive that way.

Joanna [​IMG]

2. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I was afraid to open this thread, I knew what you were gonna say...

Rest in Peace, Alexis.

Ming.

3. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Awful!

Last I heard they were searching Bluffer's park for her.
    Has the dad been charged - he kept saying she's fine...

:(

4. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

it is truely sad that someone would take the life of another regardless of age, the fact that it happened to someone so you only makes it more upsetting....

If you don't want or can't have a child, give it up for adoption, hopefully that way they could have a chance at a better life instead of being left defenceless and not knowing the true meaning of LOVE....

It's a shame that many people try to solve their problems with senseless/shameful acts....

My heart goes out to Alexis and the many other children out there struggling to survive.....these children are precious and should be cherrished they should not have their souls tormented by the acts of others...

I am not a man of god, but my prayers are with you Alexis...

Kyfe

5. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

oh my god.
    how tragic.
    her poor mother - what she must be going through.
    I can't imagine how horrible this must be for her.

rest in peace

6. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

7. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Me too. For some reason I felt like she was OK.

RIP.

8. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

I thought she was safe also!

I was shocked that this happened and I can't understand how someone could do this!

9. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

oh god.

i knew it. Me and my Mom were talking about it this morning on the way to the Dentist.

:(

Fuck that makes me mad.

10. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

animals..

11. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

oh my god..i had to search for the thread janiecakes posted the other day to be sure...

it was the same little girl :(

i too thought she was allright and this was just going to be another legal custody case, not a murder case.

so sad.

her picture is here, but i dont want to post it since seeing it in the other thread just now basically broke my heart :(

p[l]a+0

12. ila

ila TRIBE Member

that doesn't make any sense though...

I thought the father knew where she was, and if he knew where she was, why wouldn't he keep her safe?

is the general consensus that the FATHER was the one who killed her? or is it that he screwed up and lost her, and didn't want to tell anyone because he felt bad?

where did they find the body?

this is all really, really sad. the poor mother.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Very Tragic. I feel so bad for the mother.
    I truly think that some people are evil, to kill an innocent little girl for no reason is evil. I hope he rots in hell.
    Things like this truly break my heart.

14. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

PEST thank you for using common sense and thinking before writing... I just want you to know it is appreciated....I hope you think of matter's like this when you write in other post... it brings out your human side which is always a good thing....

Kyfe

Last edited: Mar 14, 2002
  15. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

was it necesary to quote something that was directly above you??

especially it being pest.

p[l]a+0 <--fighting any urge to look at it.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks kyfe, there are somethings you can joke around about but this is not one of them.
    Sorry I had to respond this story is really bothering me.
    I don't understand how someone can do something like that to a child. I feel so bad that a life was taken especially someone who never had the opportunity to experience anything in life.
    I think we can all agree this is so sad.

17. noisy

noisy TRIBE Member

The first post mentioned finding her in an elevator.

The husband and wife separated last summer. He recently filed a petition for divorce. I know he was charged with assaulting the wife and she had a restraining order against him. He had unsupervised access to the children but it was limited. Sounds to me like another guy who went ballistic when his wife left him and tried to hurt her by hurting their children. You know, several times a year you'll see a headline reading "Man kills recently estranged wife and children, then himself." I hope I'm wrong. It makes me so angry. Thankfully the other daughter and the mother were not hurt.

18. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

:( :(

from thestar.com:

Body of missing toddler discovered
    Autopsy to be performed tomorrow; father of girl may face more charges
    By Josh Rubin
    Staff Reporter thestar.com

The search for a missing 2-year-old girl has ended in tragedy, as police announced this afternoon they have discovered the body of a toddler believed to be Alexis Currie in Claremont, near Brock Rd. and Highway 7 north of Pickering.

"I'm deeply saddened to have to report to you that at 12:06 p.m. members of the Toronto Police search team found the body of a child we believe to be Alexis Currie,'' said Toronto Police Staff Insp. Bruce Smollet.

Smollet wouldn't say whether there were signs of trauma on the body. An autopsy will be performed tomorrow.

A joint Toronto and Durham Region police search operation began in the hilly and sparsely-populated Claremont area this morning.

The young girl's father, Peter Currie, has been charged with her abduction. There is no word yet on what further charges he may face.

Smollet said searchers, many of whom had been looking for Alexis since she disappeared Saturday, were upset by the discovery.

"It's disheartening. Many of the officers have young families. It hits close to home," Smollet said.

Police have notified Alexis' mother, Maureen Currie, who made a tearful public plea only yesterday for the safe return of her daughter.

"This is a devastating piece of news and it would be to anyone and our hearts and thoughts go out to her,'' Smollet said.

Peter Currie was brought from detention to the scene early this morning. He had earlier refused to aid in the investigation. There is no word if he changed his mind and lent some assistance to searchers today.

Today's ground search covered a six square-kilometre area east of Brock Rd., but police had been searching Lake Ontario's shoreline from Etobicoke all the way to Whitby since Alexis disappeared.

Peter Currie picked up Alexis and her 4-year-old sister Robyn on Saturday at the Scarborough Access Centre, complying with a court-ordered visitation agreement he had recently established. The sisters were to be brought back the next day, but only Robyn was returned to her grandparents' house on Sunday.

Alexis was last seen Saturday morning at Cliffcrest Plaza on Kingston Rd. in Scarborough, with her father and sister. When Peter and Robyn Currie went to a friend's home in Whitby at 12:30 p.m., Alexis wasn't with them.

Peter Currie was arrested at a Kingston Rd. motel Sunday night and charged with abduction, carrying a concealed weapon and possession of a dangerous weapon.

19. rswbrixton

rswbrixton TRIBE Member

A beautiful young soul has gone to a more perfect and wonderful place . a child should live forever .