Poll: What will the tdot electronic music scene look like this year?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by air-bag, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

oh and Nebu Kad, I'd love to hear your shit hun. :)

2. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

you're wrong on one point, and it is a point of perception... though astral projection and infected mushroom represent the lofty strata of profitable and popular goa artists they do not represent the epitome of quality in this scene. all that is really going to happen by having those two acts out here at some high profile events is new converts... fresh victims, really. hopefully after the top 40 acts have swept through and departed the promoters will start bringing in some high quality live acts, with the assumption that the movement's following will have grown through exposure to some easy-access performers... which isn't to say that IM and AP are no good - but rather, that it is a superficial perception of things to think that those two acts are "it" and everything else is sub-par. its quite the opposite really - both acts don't exactly perform "live" and although the music will surely be good there is something else to be seen from seasoned live performers like eat static, hallucinogen, total eclipse, koxbox, jaia, and others.

3. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

having seen hallucinogen live already, I can see what your saying in comparison to Astral Projection..

AP, although incredibly energized and intense.. has a major lack in diversity as far as style, structure, and pace are concerned IMO.. especially in that you can ALWAYS tell an AP track when you hear one.. they may be a one trick pony..

the newbies will assuradely have the socks knocked off though..

Posford plays a wider range of styles and draws on some industrial influences(as a dj) which is better IMO..

that and Posford in the goa tent- 3day 2000 was UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE... even AP would be hard pressed to throw down a better set..

v..abstractdatatype

4. Nebu kad

Nebu kad TRIBE Member

Sure! Email me your info and i will send you a mix when it is ready, not for a bit though. Also i have a short set that you can download at: http://www.pirateshipkru.ca/sounds

peace

5. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

this year i will be listening to more (deep) house, techno of all stripes, deeper and housier drum and bass, and more goa/psy. which really isn't different from last year.

i will also attend more small events; word of mouth events.

i will pay very little attention to progressive house, although i may go to see sasha and digweed because i'm a sucker for nostalgia. ;)

lastly, i will seek out more hip hop and turntablism, just because.

and the acid polka 'n' bass stuff sounds good to me too. :p

6. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

blah blah blah

"my music is better than yours"

"jungle is dead!"

"breaks is the next big thing!"

great, like i care:rolleyes:

7. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

n'sync are using teh breaks
    so was tlc in a performance