Police investigate $600k theft as Escapade Music Festival co-founder disappears

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jul 5, 2012.

1. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

bwahahahahahaha
    amazing

:

2. djglobalkiller

djglobalkiller TRIBE Promoter

he looks like the white man equivalent of Rick Ross

except he's not magnificent

3. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

This guy made it out of the country? And likely with the 600K?

That is kinda amazing.

4. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Has itbeen confirmed he has bailed?

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

certainly looks that way.

6. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

they should offer a cash reward for his whereabouts.

he's obviously got people helping him, those people are obviously scumbag criminals. that type is short on loyalty when a few $$ are involved

7. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I think (if he was smart) he would have acted alone, for the same reasons you mentioned. I suspect he'll get caught when he starts throwing parties in his new locale

8. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

fuck if i was him and just bounced out of the country with 600k, i would find a nice place, lay low for awhile with all that cash, dont throw parties, reinvent yourself if you need to, and then once you are not someone anyone is looking for, then you buy a house, bank like 200k, and find a job to mask the fact that your retirement savings and house are paid for an just gaining worth daily.

9. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i think you'd have to move to a fairly filthy country to make that work, and/or have an accomplice that is completely unknown to everyone else.

10. glych t.anomaly

Move to another country.

Find a woman to marry you for citizenship.

In some poorer countries, im sure you can do this via paying someone to do it.

Since you are already paying someone in a poorer country to marry you for $$, why not then just take your spouses name, deal with that shit for 6 months.

Once you have settled there for a bit, have some money, and some documentation that supports your new identity, then decide whether your paid marriage is the way to go.

If not then find somewhere else you want to go with your newly purchased life.

Fuck you could probably go to a poorer country and buy an identity for the right amount of money.

meah who knows, i just think it would be REALLY dumb to start throwing parties after you just ripped off the biggest party you were ever party of and bounced with more than half a million dollars.

11. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

dude you know how big a bag of money 600 grand is when its all in 5s, 10s, 20s and 50s?

12. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

i keep wondering if something else was up too. like..if he owed some bad people some money and was going to get fucked up over that. i wonder if he assumed he realized he was going to have to bail anyway, and saw this as his best opportunity to get away from that with a bit of a head start

like it just doesn't make sense to me to walk away from your life for 600 grand. he had friends in ottawa, family, owned part of a nightclub and a successful promotions company.

600K is a good chunk of change, but its not "never work again" money. not anywhere you'd want to live anyway

i feel like you would need to be *really* motivated to fuck your entire life for only 600K

13. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

there is no way in hell you are getting on a plane with 6 hundred grand in cash

end of story

he will be found in a ditch and there will be 5 new meth labs in ott

15. glych t.anomaly

haha i know,

but i didnt say shed be hot.

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

what do you think my mattress is made of, Duh:D

17. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

there is also no way in he'll you can bring in 20 Keys of coke into the country either;)

18. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

there are other ways of moving money out of the country...

/cryptic TRIBE comment

19. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

20. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

caught in aruba

Escapade Music Festival co-founder arrested in Aruba

21. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

knowledge of the copy and paste functions available on computers and how to use them appropriately is a helpful skill in day-to-day life.

22. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

lmao

23. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

<3 burn.

24. JoshuaReid

JoshuaReid TRIBE Member

For those technoligcally challenged:

OTTAWA — Nick Vachon, the co-founder of the Escapade Music Festival wanted for stealing the proceeds from the festival, has been found by police in Aruba.
    Vachon, 26, appeared in court Wednesday to be formally charged with theft over $5,000 and possession over $5,000.
    The balding and heavyset Vachon appeared in court by video with his hands cuffed in front of him Wednesday.
    Vachon said little more than his name during the brief appearance.
    He was remanded in custody until Friday, when he will appear again by video from jail.
    Vachon was one of the partners in DNA Presents who staged the Escapade Music Festival at Ottawa Stadium June 30 and July 1. After the festival, proceeds from ticket and liquor sales amounting to about $600,000 went missing.
    Police issued a warrant for his arrest and a rental vehicle that Vachon had used was later found at Pierre Elliott Trudeau Airport in Montreal.
    Vachon was arrested in Oranjestad, Aruba, and waived his right to contest his extradition.
    Members of the Ottawa police travelled to Aruba and took custody of the Vachon. He was brought back to Ottawa on Aug. 14 with the assistance of the RCMP Air Services Unit.
    More to come.

Read more: Escapade Music Festival co-founder arrested in Aruba

25. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

*dying* hahahahhaahaha... Burn.