People who bum cigarettes all the time

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Sep 9, 2013.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

When I smoked (decades ago), I used to hate it when people would bum cigarettes off me all the time. It was usually the same people doing it, and they would always say something like "I only smoke occasionally", or, "I'll get you back later." They'd never get you back later, because they never had cigarettes, and if you kept count, they probably smoked as much as a regular smoker.

Back then, cigarettes were a lot cheaper - even though they seemed really expensive at the time. I have no idea what they cost now, but it must suck even more to be handing out cigarettes to perpetual moochers.

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I was a bad smoke bummer for a while, but it was only a 6 month period when I was "back on" smoking, but trying to quit

So I would never buy packs, but always be sorely tempted to bum on break @ work.

Im sure I was really annoying to a few of my more frequent targets... i bought them a few packs each to make up for it..;)

3. awwnaw

awwnaw TRIBE Member

^exactly. Buy the targets a pack and then bum in the future here and there. If you don't smoke frequently then 20 bums can stretch out for a few months. Otherwise you're a fucking smoker.

4. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

Purchase a bag of reserve smokes. Smooth fresh smokes for you, stale cheap smokes for bummer.

5. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

I'm that guy now (bums cigarettes as I only smoke now when I drink -social settings, etc.), but I make it a point to buy my friends packs of cigarettes whenever we go out.

Now, they get the fun task of being my tobacco mule. Lose-lose.

6. Rage

Rage TRIBE Member

Very simple way to handle this annoying problem.

Take a few smokes - 5/6 and empty out about half the tobacco. Once that's done, take a small bottle-rocket firecracker thingy and put it inside the half empty cigarette sleeve and pack the rest of the tobacco back into the cigarette.

Proceed to hand out one of these smokes to annoying deadbeat.

Trust me, it works.

7. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

back when I had a twitter account, this message was tweeted one day (Paraphrased, and I forget the author): "Opening pack of cigarettes nowadays is like waving a slice of bread at a flock of seagulls"

I've also memorized the toronto white pages.

8. Blysspluss

Blysspluss TRIBE Member

Hmph. S'why the e-cig is just easier. Ain't no sharing/bumming with this shit.

Plus...so TASTY!

9. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

If I'm out of cigs and I need one bad - I admit I bum like crazy. However I'm a solid bum. I generally buy the person drinks when we are out to show my gratitude of reaching for an early death

10. RumRogerz

RumRogerz TRIBE Member

they still have those?

11. ravinjunkie

ravinjunkie TRIBE Member

I bum smokes, but I also give away most of my smokes too.
    Hopefully, that should even it out!

12. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

lol @ thread complaining about something decades ago