Patterns, patterns everywhere...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Booty Bits, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

okay, so i'm a big nerd who finds patterns really interesting.

i just found out today that canadian postal codes range alphabetically from east to west.

i.e.: quebec has H for montreal, and then western quebec is J... then ottawa/kingston is K, becoming M in toronto, N in london...Calgary is T...BC is V

isn't that cool? i love seeing patterns in commonplace things.

i also found out today that the first number of your Social Insurance Number is based on the province in which you obtained your SIN card.

so anyone know of any other interesting patterns?

entertain me. work is boring today.

2. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

the firts letter in your drivers licence starts with the fist letter of your last name, also ends with your birthdate...

3. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

The Zip code in the states works about the same way as our postal code I think. East coast starts with 1XXXX, West coast starts with 9XXXX.

But the postal code for Santa at the north pole is H0H 0H0. Go figure. [​IMG]

Pete

4. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

There are patterns in the number on your driver's licence.

The last five digits are your birthdate, the others represent something too but I forget what.

le kid

5. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

you should check out james gleick's "chaos: making a new science". it discusses 'chaos theory', and has a great deal to do with patterns. it thoroughly bent my brain. [​IMG]

6. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

lol Beat ya!

7. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

my name is stephen, most people call me steve.

i do not use my right hand when typing steve on the keyboard.

i love typing steve.

steve
    steve