One Hit Wonders

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Libradragon, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

no way he lives in toronto!??

where!??

it'd be gret to run into him and talk about some weird dirty sex. hahahaha.

as for what happened to him, the artist formally known as prince became prince once agian

p[l]a+0

2. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

silverchair ain't no one hit wonder. those guys have so many good tunes.

my fave is suicidal dreams.

3. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

4 Non-Blondes

4. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

dude, the hip and soundgarden both rock - hard!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

word to big bird. "I confess" <---- so great

6. AshG

AshG Member

dude, that blueboy track is tight!
    debatable as to qualification as a one-hit wonder, but the only shuddering you should be doing when you look at that track is a shudder of ecstasy!

7. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

tis true...however i think it's more of a "little" place to crash when hes in the city...(i forgot about this until it was brought up, unfortunately i would get in a little trouble for revealing anymore")...

jc

8. Guest

Guest Guest

next time you see her, can you please tell her she sucks for me.
    and if you get a chance, give her a nice swift kick in the ass to.

9. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

kevin, the artist formerly known as prince lives in toronto?! that makes sense...my local convenience store guy...(we'll call him gus, 'cuz after all that is his real name,) bragged about serving him.

go becker's massive!

catherine wheel is *not* a one hit wonder and are actually underappreciated in north america. *fantastic* band. their cover of pink floyd's "wish you were here" is the best i've ever heard.

i used to *love* staci q's "two of hearts", i remember listening to her album on my fisher price record player and mouthing the words.

meatloaf sucks ass. sorry naomi, jane & d, but eventually you have to discover the truth.:p

-blue rodeo's "lost together"
    -love inc. "you're a superstar"
    -k's choice "not an addict"
    -nwa "straight outta compton"

damn this waiting for sex to arrive...

*muah*
    ~N

10. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

adam and eve! *that's* the name of catherine wheel's last album!

god god *damn* was it ever good, too.

11. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

try cats & dogs...it's a collection of their b-sides...great album...seen them at the opera house a few years back & got to hang out w/ them after the show...totally nice guys

jc

ps i think they recently released a new disc...haven't heard it yet...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

You know when an album reminds you of a certain time in your life and you feel that way when you play it? Well, Adam and Eve is sooooo Sept. '97, when my friend Brett died....and that record kinda haunts me from that period of time.

Cat Power's What Would the Community Think? and Fuck's Pardon my French conjure those days too.

But yah, they're still all good records.

People say scent and sight are the most nostalgic of the senses, but I still think its sound.

13. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

heard it.:) (cat's & dogs.) i was their biggest fan a mere few years ago. met rob dickenson prior to the edge electric christmas when they were in town, and he asked me if i was going to the concert. he played the song i told him was my favourite first! (future boy, or phantom of the american mother, can't remember.)

i love them. *gush*

*muah*
    ~N

-concrete blonde, "joey" (although they released a new disc in the spring and the lead singer is ubercool. met her too. wicked woman.)
    -manic street preacher's "if you tolerate this" or "you stole the sun from my heart" (love them too.)

awwww...memories...*sniff*

14. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

i agree, josh. nothing makes me more sentimental then hearing a song i used to love/that's reminiscient of a time now passed. (i'm sorry about your friend brett.)

anyone remember the smashing pumpkins? (even though they weren't a one hit wonder...)

they were never the same after jimmy chamberlin left and were incredibly *boring* live. quelle...sad.

*muah*
    ~N

15. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Good call Nat. One of my favourite bands...they are very underrated.

Also, they're probably one of, if not the best band I've seen live.

16. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

nelly retardo: the flame that burns twice as bright lasts half as long

17. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

THANK YOU DAVE! agreed.:) their biggest following is apparently in the u.k, and i'm saddened that n.a hasn't caught on to the orgasmic melodies that is catherine wheel.

(where the hell have you been lately, baybee?)

must. stop. posting. on. this. thread.

<done>

18. fixion

fixion Well-Known Member

SOul Asylum---Runaway Train

19. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Re: hey!!!

The Cardigans had a few other hits besides "Lovefool", like "Favourite Game".

And Natalie Imbruglia has a new album out. Just saw her new video on City TV. HOLEE FUCK she's hot. Her music still kinda sucks though.

20. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i haven't really paid much attention. she has very big hair and she drives a viper.

pyro! nwa is the farthest thing from a "one hit wonder"!

silly white girl.

21. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Rush sucks large. They're 1000x worse then the Tragically Hip. If anyone actually Geddy Lee's voice I'd like to know why...or more so...how??

Better Canadian bands then the Hip -

Sloan.
    Hardship Post (although they're defunkt now)
    Weakerthans
    Thrush Hermit (although their new stuff's shite)

But everyone has their own opinions, so each their own.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

22. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

Berlin - Sex (I'm a .......SLUT)

23. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

It's Okay Nat, I don't expect anybody to understand... I don't think you can truly appreciate Bat Outta Hell Unless you've sat on a lawn chair on your small town front lawn surrounded by various car parts watchin' the sun go down, drinkin' beer and smokin' cigarettes and still feeling the vibration from your motorbike trip on your ass cheeks.

Oh, and, K's Choice for sure, but not Blue Rodea, they have lots. how about that 'Yellow' song that I've heard pon the radio the few times I've turned the abominable machine on? It sounds like a go nowhere band to me!