once again, tapping into the vast plethora of knowledge that is.. The TribeBrain (TM)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Cheap Ego, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

Seeing as pretty most of what I do on this board is ask for help on technical matters and such, I figured it would be great to revive the whole "ask the collective" thread idea. Good way to get knowledge on conventional things that may be out of reach.

My Question
    Is there any way to remove those beeper tags from my new jacket? You know the long rectangular ones, that I think are filled with ink? Is there any way to go about removing them without risking the inksplosion? (no I didn't steal it..the jacket was purchased, but it's a real pain to bring it back to the store)

little help?

feel free to ask your own questions in this thread..

2. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

How do I make the default windows folders icons different than default?

pr0n

3. jmaggs

jmaggs TRIBE Member

I think that if it's an ink tag, it says so on the tag itself. They usually are clear and show the dye inside. As for a standard beige alarm tag, I was told that if you put the garment in the freezer for a few hours, you can pull apart the two pieces of the tag with two pairs of plyers.

I have to do this exact same thing with a hoodie I just bought for my brother. I'm just too lazy to go back to the store where I bought it...

Let me know if it works.

Maggs

4. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

Yeah they're failry easy. Take a large old yougurt container and cut a slit down the side. Slide the over the ink part or it so that your safe even if you do fuck up. Tape the slit to make sure that even if you do fuck up your safe.

Now with a really strong pair os sicissors cut off the the other side. As long as you don't pull or push on the pin to much it should break without breaking the ink. If you fuck up your mistake will be in a yougurt container and not on your jacket.

There are easier ways but this is always safe.

5. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

Jmaggs and Ditto - many thanks [​IMG]

6. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

How do I convince Fidel Castro to let me marry one of his men?

Ming.

7. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

So you came back from Cuba with a little cuban in you huh? [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

So you came back from Cuba with a little cuban in you huh? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Move to Cuba, give him everything you own, and then reap whatever benefit you desire...

Couple of CIA secret documents couldn't possibly hurt either...

10. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

Move to Cuba, give him everything you own, and then reap whatever benefit you desire...

Couple of CIA secret documents couldn't possibly hurt either...

11. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

This reminds me of a funny story.

One afternoon, my "friend" bought a bra that had one of those dye tags on it, and the chick at the store forgot to take it off. Now my "friend" wanted to wear the bra right away because the underwire in her other one had poked through the side and was stabbing her in the boob. Not fun. So she's in the bathroom changing, and notices the dye tag is still on the bra. Because it's pretty small, she can sort of see where it detaches, and decides she can use her teeth to take it apart. So of course the damn thing cracks and the dye comes out, and it's all over her mouth, lips and tongue. And it's bright pink. And it tates like shit. Of course the reason she was changing was because she was starting a really long shift at her jobs in a book store, working cash.

Needless to say, she ALWAYS checks her clothes now to make sure the tags are off.

ALWAYS.

Joanna [​IMG]