1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Old Skool Skid

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by noahmintz, Mar 20, 2002.

1. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

I know I can't be the only old skool skid on this board
    Did anybody else use to listen to Death Metal when it was cool?
    I'm not talking about that Korn shit
    I'm talking about the golden oldies like MachineHead, Nail Bomb, Fudge Tunnel, Sepultura
    Damn those were the days
    Remember Danzig used to release a new version of Mother everey 4 months

stu

2. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

I owned one of those plaid red and black jackets before all the skids adopted it as the national uniform. :(

Pete

3. ThePlunger

ThePlunger TRIBE Member

ha ha! I have a limited edition "How the Gods Kill" boxed set.

Matt <--- closet Danzig lover!

4. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Nailbomb - 'For Fuck's Sake'
    ......now them be some killer drums!

What about Cannibal Corpse? Morbid Angel? Fear Factory? Strapping Young Lad?

@m. <--skater, not skid.

5. Cameron

Cameron TRIBE Member

yeah yeah, I'll bet you all have airbrushed graphics on the side of your vans!

:p

6. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

Oh man, kevin's gonna be all over this thread.

death metal is very soothing to him:rolleyes:
    :)sarah

7. sugar

sugar TRIBE Member

I still listen to my old Danzig CD, although I prefer their more mellow songs like "Sistinas"

8. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

don't forget pantera

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I used to be into that shit. still am kinda, although I wouldn't really call any of it death metal, except maybe sepultura. Cannibal Corpse on the other hand.... now that's death metal.

I used to listen to bands lie, megadeth, pantera, sepultra, life of agony, white zombie, machine head, fear factory, primus, biohazard, clutch among others.

I was even back stage for Pantera, Sepultura and biohazrd show at MLG in June 94.

10. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

first concert experience: Sepultura @ the Palladium

and of course there was Metallica, Danzig and Suicidal Tendencies @ Molson Park.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

ah suicidal tendencie... I totally forgot about them.

also... faith no more used to be great.

I was there.

12. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

i looooooooooved faith no more when i was 12-15, then they started to suck so i went on to white zombie

13. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

this show rocked. :)

first club concert in TO: white zombie w/ satanatras and monster magnet @ the phoenix. what a show!

last metal show i went to was snow core last spring at the warehouse. opening were kittie (who sucked large) and some other band from quebec (who also sucked large). the headliner was fear factory who fucking rocked.

has anyone seen that andrew wk guy? what's up with him? everything bad about 80's metal in one package, and people seem to be liking it again. who knew?

14. smile

smile TRIBE Member

sepultura. slayer, old metallica, cannibal corpse, venom (the evillest band in the world!)....

i used to love that shit.

15. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

FNM never sucked! :mad:

people just kept expecting them to put out 'epic' over and over. kinda sad, they're still one of my favourite bands. at least mike patton has 1 000 000 other projects on the go that are also interesting.

now white zombie, on the other hand, there's a one-trick pony. the stuff they put out before la sexorcisto was terrible, as was all white zombie/rob zombie stuff after astro creep 2000. i still saw them though, cuz they put on one hell of a good show. :)

16. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

cmon, everything after angel dust was poo and you know it! :p
    agreed on the white zombie though, la sexorcisto and astrocreep were pretty much the only stuff worth remembering. solo rob zombie is laaaaame!

17. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

what was the name of that old heavy metal mag?
    the non-glossy local one..

'Meat' or something..?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

werd

la sexorcisto is still one of my all time favorite CD's.
    Best showever, was the one at the palladium in feb 94.

19. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

They're in town in April...

Another wicked metal band thats coming to town is In Flames...

Anyone listen to the Haunted?? I'm so stuck on them lately!!

:)

20. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

*holds his pinky and index in the air*

rock on!

shawn<---listens to everything from a - z

21. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

I was there! I didn't know you were a former metalhead.

And yes, the local mag was called Meat. I remember the blasphemy when they gave Slik Toxik 20 m's on their album or something.

Faithe No More's Angel Dust is one the best albums ever.

I believe Junkie XL is composed of member from Fear Factory.

And who can forget local nutters Malhavoc. Release!!!

22. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

speaking of local metal, how about that band Divide By Zero ;)

23. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

You've all forgotten about the kings of metal ... SLAYER!

stu

24. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

junkie xl is a dutch producer, tom holkenborg and urban dance squad's (deep shade of soul- remember that one? :D ) rude boy on vocals. he has had fear factory's dino cazeras do some guitar work for his tracks....and now you know the whole story.
    :)

25. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

high points of that night as i remember them:

- prong killing the room (in a good way) with "snap your fingers, snap your neck"
    - white zombie playing their murderous version of "children of the grave" for an encore
    - watching security throw a too-drunk old fart out on his ass -- he literally rolled right out the main door and into a hot-dog vendor. :) i probably shouldn't have laughed at that, but it was pretty funny at the time.

faith no more retort: angel dust was probably what i'd term FNM's peak, but to discount their later albums is folly. you'd be missing out on the gems from "king for a day" like evidence, the title track, and digging a hole. and "album of the year" had some good stuff too. anyway, it's all history. :)