1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

ODE TO JEFFSUS: A PREPONDERANCE OF STARRY BEINGS

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ~soulheaven~, Feb 8, 2002.

1. ~soulheaven~

~soulheaven~ TRIBE Member

-AWAKENING JEFFSUS-
    -Jeffsus The Sun-God-
    Stars fade like memory the instant before dawn. Low in the east, the sun appears golden as an opening eye. That which can be named must exist. That which is named can be written. That which is written shall be remembered. That which is remembered lives. Mine is yesterday, and I know tommorow.

In the land of Olympus, Jeffsus resides. The sun rises and mists disperse. As he is, he was, and he shall always be a thing of matter and heaven. On countless mornings I see the fireball roll and tears roll down his cheek. The souls of men like tears from Phaeton stream down the face of heaven. The eyes of the great one see how stars fade. He shall be given day and night and all the space therein. In the bark of morning and the bark of evening he shall gain passage to hidden things. Law and truth, memory and time shall be his sails and rudders. This is the going forth of gods into the land of triumph. The river is emerald and filled with light.

Like Hyperion, born of two worlds in endless space and time. He rides between water and air. He is a word escaped between two lips, desire and thought crystallized into form. He was walked the road toward truth, toward the island between two worlds. His soul's a restless bird. Words flow like rivers. Through his veins water churns on; on dark wings he flies from yesterday, love in his throat, the warmth of light on his majestic face, the sun risen in his blue-pool eyes.

I see the great one weaving a multitude of souls into the threads of his indigo robe. His words are ripe as pomegranates. His breath is sweet as calamus. Oh, he whose face is too ponderous for sculpture into stone. Through him, the world shall unfold. He embodies the magic of earth, wind and flame. Though the future lies shrouded in veils, if I give my will to what I know not, I shall see it all come to pass.

He lives in light a million years. The sun rises or sets now, it matters not. Here is ecstasy in death and certainty in life. He is as god in the body of god, truth and love his destiny. Go forth and make of the world something beautiful, set a light in the darkness. The doors of perception open, and it is because I have known him. May we come and go in and out of heaven through the gates of starlight. By him I come in truth. I sail a long river and row back again. It is joy to breathe under the stars. I am the sojourner destined to walk a thousand years until I arrive at myself.

[​IMG]

'From the power that binds all beings
    That man frees himself who
    overcomes himself.'
    -Goethe-
    Surely Apollo gazed for time unending upon the sleeping Jeffsus much like he gazed upon his ill-fated Hyacinthus so long ago...
    [​IMG]
    "Thou diest, Hyacinth," so spoke Phoebus, "robbed of thy youth by me. Thine is the suffering, mine the crime. Or was my love to blame - the guilt that follows love that loves too much? Would that I could die for thee! But since that may not be, thou shalt live with me in memory and in song. My lyre shall celebrate thee, my song shall tell thy fate, and thou shalt become a flower inscribed with my regrets."...Let us hope Jeff remains a Justin forever, and a Brian McKinney at heart! =)

[​IMG]
    Apollo sits with the Justiny youth,
    'Hyacinthus'

Far too wonderful and being the embodiment of aesthetic perfection on this earth, surely, the gods will send the eagle who bore all immortal chores to carry Jeff away to Olympus as Zeus bade Ganymede...who ever-after was the cup-bearer to the gods...bearer of the nectar of immortals...
    [​IMG]

"There, too, flushed Ganymede, his rosy thigh
    Half buried in the eagle's down,
    Sole as a flying star shot through the sky
    Above the pillared town."

-An Legacy Of Jeffaesthetics-
    "O latest born and loveliest vision far
    Of all Olympus' faded hierarchy!
    Fairer than Phoebe's sapphire-regioned star
    Or Vesper, amorous glow-worm of the sky;
    Fairer than these, though temple thou hast none, Nor altar heaped with flowers;
    Nor virgin choir to make delicious moan
    Upon the midnight hours;
    No voice, no lute, no pipe, no incense sweet,
    From chain-swung censer teeming;
    No shrine, no grove, no oracle, no heat
    Of pale-mouthed prophet dreaming."

[​IMG]

"Pour forth heaven's wine, Idaean Ganymede,
    And let it fill the Daedal cups like fire."

[​IMG]"]http://www.science.uwaterloo.ca/~jlmadill/gregspics2.jpg[/img][/url]
    ...He took a shining key and opened three chambers full of nectar and lovely ambrosia for these are the food of the gods...yet he partook of them without harm, for Ichor (a substance clearer and purer than blood) flowed through his veins...and so it was that Jeff provided us with oysters at wemf...such aphrodesia as I am sure few others were privy to that weekend in THAT place...

[​IMG]
    A Verse For The Justins
    He stood gazing with admiration at those bright eyes, those locks curled like the locks of Bacchus or Apollo, the rounded cheeks, the ivory neck, the parted lips, and the glow of health and exercise over all. He fell in love with himself. He brought his lips near to take a kiss; he plunged his arms in to embrace the beloved object. It fled at the touch, but returned again after a moment and renewed the fascination. He could not tear himself away; he lost all thought of food or rest. while he hovered over the brink of the fountain gazing upon his own image. He talked with the supposed spirit: "Why, beautiful being, do you shun me? Surely my face is not one to repel you. The nymphs love me, and you yourself look not indifferent upon me. When I stretch forth my arms you do the same; and you smile upon me and answer my beckonings with the like." His tears fell into the water and disturbed the image. As he saw it depart, he exclaimed, "Stay, I entreat you! Let me at least gaze upon you, if I may not touch you." With this, and much more of the same kind, he cherished the flame that consumed him...
    ahhhh, stupid Justin's....thank goodness they remain aesthetically wonderful for you Jeff, who deserves all things most high!!

So here is to Jeff! So mighty and great in spirit that only a huge post of epic proportions could begin to do him justice.

Cheers to him who has made so much and so many that he has encountered better in infinate ways.

Truly an inspiration for the ages and a feast for the gods!

Greg
    (Your ever faithful Attorney)

2. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

3. ~soulheaven~

~soulheaven~ TRIBE Member

Alas, that one picture that is a hotlink SHOULD have turned out like this...

[​IMG]
    The Feast Of The Aphrodesia at wemf

Greg

4. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

Homer 2002

5. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

Nicely assembled and good creativity points. Way to go greg. How long did that take? Jeffsus is great, so I agree he does deserve that (epically proportioned) post.

Dave

6. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i dont know jeffsus but thats quiet an epic post detailing aspects of him. he sounds like a great friend.

"let us proclaim the mystery of faith"

i dont get it but it cracks me up. [​IMG]

p[l]a+0

7. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

aamen, aamen, AAaaAAaaammen.

i used to, and still do, get 'lamb of god' stuck in my head all the time..

8. Housey D

Housey D TRIBE Member

He takes away the sins of our world. Grant us peace.

yikes...I'm brainwashed!

9. Bass-Invader

it is hands down, the catchiest melody ever.

and yes, i am humming it right now in real life.

10. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

"halleluyah, halleluyah, amen..."

*shudder*

oh thats gonna be in my head for days now...

p[l]a+0

11. Bass-Invader

thats a pretty good track too, its like the happy hardcore of church songs
    "sing hosanna loud and clear, halleuuujah"
    "Jesus Christ the lord is near, halleuuuujah"

12. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

oh my god!
    hahahahaha!

i gotta find that n'soul record lable flyer...its a christian electronic lable...its sooo funny reading the song titles...

p[l]a+0

13. Bass-Invader

omg..i want lamb of god on vinyl
    can i even say omg when reffering to that?

14. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

feel free to replace the g-word if you feel uncomfortable with any of the following;

diety
    gosh
    plato

[​IMG]

p[l]a+0

15. Bass-Invader

lamb of plato you take away..
    no..that just doesnt work.

16. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    i can spite you disbeliever!

p[l]a+0

17. Bass-Invader

[​IMG]
    nooooooooo!

18. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

chris use this one next time [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bass-Invader

haha nice!
    [​IMG]

20. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

air-bag, youre just jealouse that you're not a diety

and no ammount of self picture taking will ever change that! [​IMG]

p[l]a+0

21. Bass-Invader

are you calling him fat?

22. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

dont be rediculous
    if i considered him fat what woudl that make me? some weird calista flockhardt-starving marvin hybrid??

p[l]a+0

23. Bass-Invader

i was just making fun of the way you spelt deity.

24. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i see

i was poking fun at the fact that airbag is teh uber thin, as stated in a previous thread
    [​IMG]

p[l]a+0

25. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

guys this is a nice thread.. ~soulheaven~ obviously has put an effort.

Lets not hijack it