1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

nye @ pepper jacks in hamilton

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by CC, Jan 1, 2002.

1. CC

CC TRIBE Member

first things first: i think i am dead. i had two close calls with puking this morning. held it down, but man i am feeling bad. ouch!!!

as for the evening... i was drunk by about 8:30 or 9 so when i went to take a shower and shave, i was too drunk to opperate the razor so i went scruff styles. sorry about that guys. most of the party is actually kind of a blur. but i'll comment on what i remembered. chu played a wicked set, as did switch. those were the only two sets i remembered, and they were really damn good. the bar was really nice. it was set up beautifully. all the people were amazing. it was definitely a night amongst friends. very impressed with everything from the night.

i think i made an ass of myself on a number of occations, but i don't really remember, so i appologize for that if it's necessary. a friend we came with got kicked out at about 12:30 for being too drunk and then he snuck in, just to be kicked out again at 1:30. at this time i reallized that no one had gone with him, so i had to leave suddenly to take him back to the hotel. ya, that's right, drunken ass #1 (me) was the "responsible" one sent out to take care of someone else... but who was there to take care of me? oh well, i survived.

the night was a blast from the short fuzzy time i was there and i wish we could do it all over again next weekend.... oh,... but i think i have to take it easy on the canadian club next time.... or i at least should eat food at some point through the day.

great job by the guys who put it together. there were a couple hang ups here and there i imagine, but everything seemed to turn out alright in the end.

CC

2. G-FrEsH

G-FrEsH TRIBE Promoter

hmmmmm i'd say it was a good one....
    music was great !!!!! especially from Magnum and Funk N' Style.. there wikid together...
    saddler was awesome and willar i only heard a bit of your set man i was impressed... i was outside when yoiu played " wheres your head at " stanton warriors... gggrrrrr...
    but i had to go to bed...

but happy new year to everyone and hopin everything went well wit everyone....

DAve.....

3. The Electrician

The Electrician TRIBE Promoter

I had a FANTASTIC time lastnight... I wish I didnt have to leave for T.O. @ 2:30... I played first with Erik B. that was fun... it got rammed there FAST... that was good to see. It was also great to see everyone out and hangin out with ya'll. Wish I could have came back to the Hotel parties and.... partied.

Chu played a wicked downtempo set.

Fun to hang out with my friend Trevor who was sick and tired.

but it was a great NYE. I had a party at my house after Genesis 2002 which was wicked... Hammer time... big time... fun...

going now... ttyl... Im hitting Lake Placid this week and do some ski/snowboarding

Wes.

4. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

OH BUDDY!!!

[​IMG]

Jonny

5. Willar X

Willar X TRIBE Member

....I remember driving to Hamilton........
    and that we out-did Jen's and my birthday weekend. [​IMG]

wOOhoo for 804 [​IMG]

6. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

I'm super happy about the way this New Years turned out. After dealing with major stress trying to get my hotel rooms, I was definitely look'n forward to gett'n shitfaced. The party was off the hook. Good people, very few problems and the bar looked good (thanks Dawn). I can also safely say that I haven't been that wasted in a long time. I apologize to anyone I might have terrorized back at the hotel. I've heard some stories about my antics, too bad I don't remember.

Anyways, I just want to thank all those that came out, you made it an awesome new years. Also thanks to my co-hosts Chris, Todd, Erik, Trevor and Leo (we did good).

*c*

7. funkNstyle

funkNstyle TRIBE Member

I think I'll keep me incriminating stories to myself on this one...

Chuck... ur hillarious.. thats all i have to say.

Jonny

8. Kwest

Kwest TRIBE Member

i think everything that needs to be said basically was...

good music
    good people
    new refreshing venue

chu played some sick old tracks after midnight... very impressed

i had a great night
    best new years in recent memory

Jason

9. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

Oh what a night to remember!! I was so hyped for this party, and I can't believe its all over!! [​IMG] Started off in some drunken madness at the hotel, then continued over to the bar to get even more wasted!! Wikkid musik, and I danced my ass off the whole night. I think the deocroations looked great.... [​IMG] haha.....The hotel was pure crazyness, and I think I had the biggest work-out of my life at the hotel, then everyday combined in my life. I hated waiting forever for the elevator, so up 8 flights of stairs, and down 8 flights, probably about every 10min.

Too many stories to mention, definitly way too much fun was had!! wOOp wOOp- 804!!

Willar, ur right, we definitly did out do our bdays! [​IMG] IS that a good thing or a bad thing?? [​IMG]

*jen*

10. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

I had an *alright* time.
    I didn't appreciate the girl at the door charging my friends and myself MORE than what others paid at the door. I guess because I told her I had tickets waiting for me at the door, she must have thought I was lying. Bitch.

Anyways, the venue was sweet, it reminded me of a mountain chalet. I loved the leather couches and fire place! I don't know who the very first DJ was, but he played the set of the night for me. Dark and techy, just how I like it. The music for the rest of the night was ok, but I just can't take that much breaks at once. [​IMG]
    Thanks to Jonny for playing my request, you guys dropped a nice set.
    Overall I had a decent time...too much damn champagne though. [​IMG]

11. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

And that is the perfect example of why u r INSANE!!! [​IMG] Aside from the wikkid ppl. and overwhelming amounts of drinks, a strictly breakz biased party is why my night was soooooooo great!! breakz, breakz, breakz.....nuthing better!!

*jen*

12. CC

CC TRIBE Member

^^^^^ i didn't notice that music was playing half the time. i was pretty much up in the clowds.

jen, i don't think that i talked to you for more than 5 seconds in the whole night; just a lot of drunken passings. or maybe we did talk and i don't remember.

CC

13. STR8UP*

STR8UP* TRIBE Member

One of the BEST New Years of my life!! The venue was sweet and it made it even better that it was in Hamilton! It was the perfect size and had nice clean bathrooms and leather couches to chill on. The muzic was wikkid as usual..thanxs to all the DJ's who kept me danicn the whole night!! Afterwards we chilled at Dawns which was the perfect way to end the night..even though we were pretty out of it by then! Thanxs Dawn for having us and letting Mike and I bring all our friends from Missisauga [​IMG]
    The only complaint was the girl at the door who wouldn't let some of our friends back inside when they went outside to puff. They were told to go outside and when they did they were asked to pay to get back in [​IMG] Whats up with that??...the door girl has to chill or at least get her head straight enough to remember the people who just walked by her...
    But beside that, the night was perfect and I just want to thank everyone who had a hand in putting this on..hopefully we can do something similar next year!
    peace
    melandmike

14. dawndalon

dawndalon TRIBE Promoter

Well, well, well.
    First off I'd like to thank MelandMike, Jess and Jen for helping me with the decorations.
    Second, thanks to the boys for throwing such an amazing party!
    I didn't think anything could top my newyears last year but I was wrong!
    Sorry I didnt make it to the hotel but I had people back to my house instead.
    Anywho, an AMAZING nite!!!
    -D.
    Oh, and the muzik was GREAT! Nice job Jonno and Joel!!!

15. k t c

k t c TRIBE Member

wow so much fun....what a great nite! i was expecting a great time and i got it [​IMG] i've been anti-new years up until now...thanks to the guys for putting on a great event and all those who listened to my super-incoherent babble through out the nite (drunken prom queen strikes again!). awesome venue (definitely should be re-visited again) + great music + fun peeps + oodles of champagne = goodtimes!

hey jen AKA my younger twin...you're too funny...where did you get to after?? uh oh wait did i see you...the whole hotel is kind of foggy with the exception of a really long fire alarm and a lot of wandering ginos!

well back to work for me...
    (yippee, my first tribe post)

katiec

16. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

hahaha! oh katie!! fun times indeed. And yes, my twin for the evening!! I was upset i couldnt make it out to ur house after......there's always next year [​IMG]

*jen*

17. Big League Chu

Big League Chu TRIBE Member

uh oh,
    Katie C is on here now???
    We gotta draw the line somewhere folks.

18. The Electrician

[qoute] I've heard some stories about my antics, too bad I don't remember.[/quote]

Yo Chucker, I dont think it's "too bad I dont remember" I think it's thank god ya dont remember...

I just know if it were I that was hammer time... then I wouldn't want to remember the things I do... b/c I have heard some of them and they are really funny... just not to me... HAHA...

'ave a good one...

Wes
    PS: Back from my skiing trip, thank someone I didn't break any bones. I'm Ski-riffic [​IMG]

19. The Electrician

oops... I cunt spel

20. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

^^^ are u drunk??

*jen*

21. The Electrician

No... not yet anyway... when I crossed at the boarder tonight... I went to the duty free... Mmmmm Kaluha 40oz. for $26.00... [​IMG]

Ooooooo My god... just realized this is the last weekend b4 I must DRAG myself to school again starting monday...

ttyl
    w.

22. k t c

k t c TRIBE Member

hey colin easy does it there buddy...if you could have seen yourself on nye...geez, i'm surprised they let ppl like YOU in anywhere!

ha ha... you were bundles of laughs! damn we were on an hour long mission to find you (you were like the poke-a-roo!)...but when we did find you, your lecture on "turkey jerkey" and "tangerine jerkey" made it all worth while!!

gotta love the jerkey...hey weren't we planning to jerkey bear? chuck i'd be careful...chu wants to hang your cat up to dry!

k*t*c

23. Big League Chu

Big League Chu TRIBE Member

mmmm....bear jerkey.
    Hide and seek in the hotel was fun.
    Every time I walked into a room people said the same thing to me
    "shhh...we just got rid of Chuck keep it down. Hey Chris and Katie are looking for you"
    my response "I gotta go on adventures, Later"

24. 4theluvofbreaks

4theluvofbreaks TRIBE Member

It was one of those new years that's for sure, I was loving every minute of it. When I did find you Colin it was well worth it.
    I was lucky enough not to find Chuck though.
    Chris...

25. The Electrician

Colin... thanks for the cd... its very phat....

W.