1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

New York

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by Tricky kid, Jan 4, 2002.

1. Tricky kid

Tricky kid TRIBE Member

Do New Yorkers listen to drum and bass??
    Who are some New York DJ's/Producers??
    web sites???

please help

Tricky

2. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

3. Nebu kad

Nebu kad TRIBE Member

what about the owner of Liquid Sky Music? what's that guy's name?
    right on the tip of my tounge.
    i have no url's

4. D-Cypher

D-Cypher TRIBE Member

I'm quite sure Goldie, although British, spent a large portion of his earlier career in NYC.

5. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

^^yep, he graffed(?)there in the 80's, and also spent time down in Florida with his pops.

What about DJ Wally, isn't he from New York?? He sucks though, big time!!

6. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

oh, and Goldie never had anything to do with jungle in New York...he was just a B-Boy, this was waay before jungle was even around

7. Nebu kad

Nebu kad TRIBE Member

I remember the name now. i think that it is DJ Soulslinger or Soulsinger that i as thinking of. anyone else know?

8. T

T TRIBE Member

you are correct!
    Carlos Soulslinger from Brazil.

9. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

but is Soulslinger based outta New York? I have no idea, but i always figured him to be living down south, coming from Brasil n' all

10. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

yeah, I think he's from brooklyn...could be wrong

where is hive from??

11. Nebu kad

Nebu kad TRIBE Member

Hive is straight out of the Bay area, san fran. i'd say san fran is in the know way more than NYC.

12. Tricky kid

Tricky kid TRIBE Member

Does Hive have a website???

Tricky

13. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

where is E-Sassin from?

14. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

its definitely all about the West Coast in the States. California has way more DJ's and a way bigger following than New York. There are also a shitload of producers coming outta Cali....Hive is definitely rocking it, its surprising he's never been here before(or has he?)

E-Sassin is from LA

Hive's record label is Phuturo(i think) so he may have a website up, i haven't checked.

But these guys are gettin alot of respect, Toronto is losing its North American grasp [​IMG]

15. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

sorry, Phuturo is JUJU's label, not Hive's

i know this is a thread about New York jungle, but if you want to know more about the LA scene, check out www.ladnbdjs.com

some good shit in there [​IMG]

16. MC Wizard

MC Wizard TRIBE Member

Some good US producers:

Chris J (Chicago, now LA) - released on Bukem's Good Looking, Boston's Phuturistic Bluez, Sweden's Svek and Toronto's Gamma Ray

Pieter K (LA) - Renegade Recordings, Breakbeat Science, Thermal, Green Label

Anemone (Boston) - new multitalented producer
    Clever (New York) - new guy on the deep tip
    Morgan Packard (New York) - Breakbeat Science - also a new guy on a musical tip

Hive, Juju, Atlantiq, Howard Hughes, E-Sassin, AK1200 - all from the west coast, talented producers.

Stakka & Skynet - now from Seattle

Influx Datum (New Identity, Creative Source) - a great duo from Florida

Orion - (Good Looking, Fokuz, Purified Audio, Covert Operations, Gamma Ray) - wicked new producer from North Carolina

Cable - up & coming talent on the atmospheric tip from Buffalo

Roy Dank, Mathematics, G13, Datcyde (Hospital, Breakbeat Science) - big things to come in 2002.

DJ Dara & DB - U.S. Pioneers from Day One

Miguel B (Phuturistic Bluez) - wicked new talent from Texas

& im forgetting a few as well

17. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

They moved to the States? Really?

Good call on Influx Datum...i love their stuff...'Forever' is a magic track.

18. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

They moved to the States? Really?

Good call on Influx Datum...i love their stuff...'Forever' is a magic track.

19. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

isn't AK1200 from Florida? I think so....

and Pieter K is wicked!! Heard a couple of his tunes on the DB album and was VERY impressed