NEW SIMPSONS!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by noahmintz, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

an excellent article on how THE SIMPSONS lost its *soul*:

http://www.snpp.com/other/articles/lostitscool.html

here's an excerpt:

here's another excellent article:

http://www.matineemag.com/jump.cgi?ID=948

2. Viceroy

Viceroy TRIBE Member

Blah blah blah....What do you expect...Homer gets wasted almost every single day. How could it be that he doesn't turn into an idiot.

Personally, he is my favorite character and I'm glad the show revolves around him.

I'm so tired of seeing people talking about how the Simpsons has lost something, that they aren't as good anymore...blah!

Peace,
    Steve

3. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

what a piece of kak that episode was.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Stop watching it then Will [​IMG]

I hate the people who put it down, but the minute they see a great episode they're the biggest fans again.

I've enjoyed every single episode since the Tracey Ullman Shorts.

pr0nstar [​IMG]

5. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

loyalty to a tv show is retarded. if it sucks, it sucks.

6. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

finally someone who agrees with me!

crap on a stick

7. Klubmasta Will

viceroy and pron: the reason so many people - especially long-time fans and critics - say the show is only a fraction of what it used to be is because it's TRUE.

when matt groening and james brooks left, the remaining members of the 'brain trust' lost the things that made the show so special.

if you are a simpsons fan, you should read the two articles because they do a very good job at summarizing why the show went downhill.

i don't hate the show - which is why i'll still watch it if i happen to be in front of a television on sunday night - but it's still sad to see what the simpsons has become in the last few seasons.

8. Klubmasta Will

btw, pron, no band-wagon jumping here. yesterday's episode had a few moments but it was still crap.

9. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

Its in its 11th season?

What you expect them to still be all that witty. Unlike with a human cast (Lisa would have actually been going to collage now) the characters have never aged. Its been the same joke day after day after day and eventually the characters have growin into nothingness.

"save me jebus"

Matt Groening moved on but it seems that the fans didn't realize this.

(and sorry last nights episode was barely worth a laugh at its best points.

10. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Bah on you guys.

It's like when you complain about parties.. it's what you make of it.

And sorry I was laughing my ass off half the show ... so it was funny IMO.

And if I don't laugh I still enjoy it a lot.

It's about the only show on TV that I watch religously. Heck it's about the only show I really watch.

O well, I'm not going to argue. I still enjoy every episode. I don't sit there and nick pick every single line in it, etc..
    If it makes me chuckle once I'm more than happy.

pr0nstar

11. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

how is a tv show like a party? sure you can make your own fun at a party, but how can you make your own funnies in a tv show?

12. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Sorry, I meant it more in the sense, that some people nick pick the whole damned show.. and if it's not all pure comedy gold they hate it.

Like this part sucked, that part was a "repeat" from another episode, that's getting old, etc, etc..

pr0nstar

13. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

actually a really funny show last night...the soundtrack was pretty hilarious with a mix of axel f / miami vice theme kickin it...

jc

14. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Last nights episode was pretty good, lots of laughs through out the show. Me and the 5 friends I was watching it with all agreed that it was a pretty funny episode, I think some of you have unreal expectations of the simpsons. If you couldn't find things to laugh at in last nights episode then the problem might be you, not the show.

15. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

I argue your amused by far to little.

Hommer has already tried to achive power through the use of sugar.

Hommer and part have already run an illegal bootlegging operation.

The judge has already done the prohibition and repeal thing.

The town has already all gone swimming together at the end of an episode to old music thats past its time.

Whenever Bart and Homer dawn ski masks togther they play fucking Axel/F

Its like they're actually making fun of you fans and none of you are willing to admit it. The ultimate joke is they have proven how little it takes to amuse you people.

16. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

who is this hommer?

17. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

It's nice to know that some people are still enjoying the show. I do as well, occasionally. It might still be funny, but IMO, it's just not the quality "gold-humor" it used to be.

To me, it's not a matter of "it is what I make of it". I love the Simpsons, and go into every episode with an open mind. But the laffs just aren't as good anymore.

Good article, Klubmasta, I agree with most of it.

Ming.

18. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

if you could find things to laugh at in last night's episode, maybe the problem is your sub-par sense of humour, dork.

19. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

I find it fucking funny as all living hell to laugh at people who aren't willing to admit that they're tools.

Sorry the show is a little less funny than the last season of Married With Childrren. They're about as interesting to watch as the XFiles. Kill it already!!!!

20. tea_green

tea_green TRIBE Member

i think the only people with 'problems' here are the jackasses who are getting all upset because someone else had a good time

21. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

whatever hippie.

22. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

why are you such a dick?

because you have no sense of humour and others still find things funny about something?

OH WAIT EVERYBODY, DITTO HAS SPOKEN, WE ARE ALL TOOLS. WE MUST ALL BOW DOWN AND AGREE THAT SIMPSONS IS NO LONGER FUNNY.

i didn't see last nights episode, but i appreciate everything about the simpsons, funny or not.

23. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

last night's episode was pretty much completely ass. lame recycled jokes and a bizarre yet pointless shtick that was mostly painful to watch. only redeeming factor was that it pretty much entirely spoofed the war on drugs.

on the other hand, i feel that the person who wrote the article that will pasted doesn't really understand the simpsons as social commentary.

24. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I don't find the social commentary funny anymore. It's like they've run out of things to say, and funny ways to say them. The commentary now seems to consist of making fun of things in such an over-stated manner. In the past, they might have made fun of say, a political situation, by making a parody of it. Nowadays, they don't relate the situation to the Simpsons world. (Does that make sense?) It's all about guest appearances and visiting real things.

It was better when they made stuff up, instead of using real places and names and stuff.

Ming.

25. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

Tis my nature sorry.

I'm a huge Simpsons fan. However I also appreciate the fact that FOX is just milking it for all its worth and is simply dishing out garbage. I'm at least willing to say that the humour is gone and the story lines are week. The social commentary has been reduced to the obvious. What made the simpsons so refreshing for so long simply isn't there.

Seinfield had the common decancy to admit it was all about the money and than kill it. Rathar then release a crappy episode to fill a time slot. The simpsons wouldn't survive in anyother time slot anymore they have devoted followers who are willing to accept crap and say its good. Last nights episode was week from the beginning it was sloppy and it wasn't that funny.

The past glory that was the Simpsons has been lost! We're not just talking about a copuple of shotty episodes we're talking about 2 full seasons of garbage.

Being devoted to a comedy regardless of if its funny or not seems lame. In fact it seems to fit my discription of being a tool. I'll still watch the simpsons but not to watch crap.