1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Myka @ Mad Bar

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by wanderlust, Feb 24, 2002.

1. wanderlust

wanderlust TRIBE Member

Thursaday night I brought a friend of mine to Mad Bar. He knows *a lot* about electronic music, about history, DJs, producers, how the music is made etc. And he's a totally trance head. Trance and psytrance. He doesn't even want to hear the word "house".

After a few minutes of listening to Myka he was completely *blown away*. He was like "Oh my gawd... What is it? I've never heard anything like this before! Where can I find this music?" And I've never seen him dancing like this.

Well, I told him, that's the real *serious* house I'm telling you about all the time.

The thing is, Myka really is playing something exceptional. Is there any special term for this type of house? Any suggestions of CDs with similar stuff (or DJ sets I can get from Internet)?

Thanks,
    L