~*...my first electronic music cassette...*~

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by that 420 guy, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Trini

Trini TRIBE Member

Dominik - Absolut 1994 from X-Static

2. skyparty

skyparty TRIBE Member

my first tape (mixed off some cd)
    was what i call "hardcore techno"
    frm like 93 about.... my friend got it in scotland.

duncan has it right now
    along with other tapes

acid circus in the houuuuse...

narissa :)

3. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

Is this the one that starts of with some track that sounds like a remix of Are am eye??? If so, I would love a tracklisting of this set.

I saw Ryan play in Thunder Bay over the Christmas holidays. As far as I can remember he is still in the Toronto area, Hamilton pops into my head for some reason.

Sleepy;)

4. HC_P

HC_P TRIBE Member

I think my first tape was Derrick Carter and Dj Sneak live at Industry. I don't remember the exact year, but I think it was for Sneak's B-day. I think one of the members from Daft Punk and Doc Martin also played that night. Oh, I wish I could've been there.

Albert.

5. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

Marcus - Jungle Selection Vol. 1

SOS - Spaced Out Silly: The Next Generation

Czech - Rock The Discotech

I can't remember exactly what my first was...

6. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

LOL, I was at that party! I think I have the tape somewhere...

7. Norm, gimme a blank tape and I'll copy it for ya.

From the ministry of one of my fave tapes

Prime Minister Highsteppa

8. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known Member

first tape had to a Dominik, my friend taped it for me so i'm not sure which one. first one i actually bought was robb g's loud and clear set, i had the second tape for two weeks, lent it out and haven't seen it since. what the etiquitte for mixtapes? is there a statute of limitations on how long it's been gone until it's no longer yours? half my collection is loaned out right now!

9. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

My first tape was an SOS tape that I got off my roomate in grade 10 (boarding school). It was a mix recording off radio (I think, It's been lost now for some time). The guy next door to me (now one of my best friends) loved the tape as much as I did so whenever either of us would play it (I made him a copy) we would go to the room where it was blasting to dance! Aw, good memories!
    My first party was because of that tape, we loved it so much we found a party with sos and got tickets. My buddy got in huge shit with the school and couldn't go (the day before) so I ended up going with my roomate who was already slowly fading out of the scene by that point but we had a great time none the less. That tape is responsible for making me love this music and being the starting point for one of the best friendships I've ever had. Thank you SOS. :) You always put a smile on my face when you play because I remeber this.