1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Music sharing software?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MoFo, Mar 29, 2002.

1. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I know this has been asked before but oh well.
    Can anyone recommend a link to downloading a good music and video sharing software? I used to have Morpheus which I found really concise and fast but I can't seem to find it on the net. Is it free anymore?

Any programs similar to Kazaa out there? What's everyone using other than FTPs?

2. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

i like AudioGalaxy - and you shoud try the Tribe ftp site, lots of good shit on there. ftp is not difficult to use - once you're in it's like using Windows Explorer except slower.

and why didn't you buy an iMac?

--craig

3. deep

deep TRIBE Member

direct connect is hands down the best general purpose file sharing app for the pc. audiogalaxy is the most convenient and widely used for music only.

4. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

soulseek is the shit, hands down!!!

I actually got the reccomendation on here...people all over the worl wide web ready to share their arovane_phenom,or their masters of illusion with you!

great if you're looking for shit like that,no fuss,no muss(what the fuck does that mean anyway?)

5. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

direct connect (dc++) is good for divx only, unless you're on a good hub with good music (but where are they and how do i get on one!?)

audio galaxy for general music (although im finding it hard to find some mainstream stuff on there)

soulseek for techno (its everything i love about ftp's & dc++ but better!)

and the tribe ftp of course for good music you dont know or havent heard yet (i have yet to download something dissapointing from it :) )

p[l]a+0