1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Movies to watch out for

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Eclipze, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

geezis..i was checking out some shit on the net..chew on this...
    batman is making a comback..they are working on getting brad pitt to play bruce wayne in Batman- year one- its before he becomes batman..interesting...
    someothers
    dr. who
    battlestar gallactica
    duke nukem
    daredevil
    A-team hah oh man
    alien 5
    blair witch 3 2004
    batman beyone 2004
    back to the future 4
    fantasic four
    fat albert *yeah!*
    THE GOONIES 2 !!!!!!!! yes hahah
    the hulk
    the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
    the matrix (reloaded)
    mad max 4
    the mask 2
    the pee-wee herman story 000h man
    pretty woman 2
    the birth of the pink panther
    red dwarf (looking forward to that one)
    rocky 6 nooooooooo
    romancing the stone 3
    superman - the next movie
    shrek 2
    the simpsons movie
    strasky and hutch hah
    3001 a space oddessy
    true lies 2
    war of the worlds (2005) cool!
    wonder woman
    x-men 2
    x flies 2

i didn't even mention half the shit i found...
    -E

2. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Holy sequels.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

E.T. fucking called my home!
    Phone home!

4. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

also...
    a tron sequel and a blade runner prequel
    interesting....
    star trek 10
    hmm whatelse..i found alot of shit... just can't think straight at the moment..maybe i should goto bed hah
    -E

5. The only question is how many are actually going to be greenlighted and made. Most of the stuff mentioned on that list is in Developpment, which could take a very long time to get out of, or even never get made at all.

The ones that are going to be made off that list:

Matrix 2 - Reloaded, and Matrix 3 - currently wrapping up shooting, and will start post production soon from what I understand.

Daredevil - Has the guy from Hart's War signed on to play Bullseye, and Ben Affleck to play the title role.

The Hulk - Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon) is directing it, and Eric Bana (who was in Chopper and Blackhawk Down) plays both the titular role and Bruce Banner. They made an excellent choice.

True Lies 2 - Schwarzenegger wants James Cameron to direct, Cameron said he'll write it and that's it for now. Might be made in the near future. We'll have to see.

X-Men 2 - They should be shooting I believe late this year. And all the cast were signed to sequels as part of their contracts for the first.

X-Files 2 - not for a while, but it is assured that Mulder and Scully will reunite after the series finale comes up. The end of the show is either going to infuriate the fans, or save the series.

Goonies 2 - It's been greenlighted, but I don't know if Richard Donner (director of the original and the Lethal Weapon series) is going to direct or not.

Simpsons Movie - I heard they're waiting for the show to die. Unsure.

The rest mentioned are still being optioned, discussed and negotiated. Generally, the rule is, don't count on any film being made until they start shooting it. Mask 2 was originally supposed to be out in Xmas 1997. We were supposed to see Planet of the Apes with Arnold back in 1996 summer. There are still sets in Spain that were going to be used for an Arnold Schwarzenegger film called Crusade that are still kicking around (this was before Carloco pictures got split up by internal squabbling). Also, be reminded that it took Spider Man over a decade to get onto the big screen because of legal tie ups and wrangling.

From the Ministry of not trying to rain on your parade, just adding my info to it.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

6. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

actually alot of the above movies mentioned have been greenlighted... :)

7. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

bubble boy 2?

8. It's Pat 2

From the Minsitry of ......this time, it's personal

9. Duke Nukem is still in court as for the rights, according to Premiere magazine, but an article on video games being transferred to film mentionned that it is one of the current hot properties on the lists on many a producer in order to get it made, thanks to the success of Tomb Raider this past summer.

From the Ministry of 411

10. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Yeah I'm really looking forward to X-FLIES too.

11. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

I would like to see pretty much all those movies but like highsteppa said... i think they're just ideas at the moment.

Movies I WILL be seeing this summer - sequel wise

1. Star Wars attack of the clones. Preview blew my mind and the review, posted by another member looks sure to delight. I actually liked episode I - the light saber fights were enough for me.

2. blade 2. Purely from an action standpoint. The first sequence of the original got me hooked on the movie. I rented it and within 5 mins decided it was an awesome movie :D

3. Austin Powers 3 - #2 disappointed me, didn't have the wit of the first but I'm still going to watch #3.

4. Matrix 2. If its half as good as the original its worth the watch. Just even to see how the plot develops. One of the select movies that kept me wanting more, more.....more!