Motor in Detroit

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Guest, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm going there on the 22nd.

anyone been?
    I was just wondering about the dress code and what time it closes?

thanks

2. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

what's up evan??

hmm, so your gonna check out d-fuse huh???

their web page says it closes at 2 am.

I've been meaning to check out motor for some time now, since it is a lot closer for me than driving to TO.

check out www.motordetroit.com for more info.

tony

3. Trini

Trini TRIBE Member

no dress code.
    they turn the lights on a 1:55am.

4. funky_citrus

funky_citrus TRIBE Member

Living in Windsor, its much better to cross over the Ambassador bridge for the evening then going out in Windsor...as you can imagine. Motor is pretty good, its in Hamtranik which is a subburb of Detroit. Stacey Pullen is a bi-weekly on Tuesdays. It ends early though, which sucks. The crowd is decent but not great.

~Leslie~

5. defazman

defazman TRIBE Member

I went there for Static Avenger/Revenger, and it was allright, but nothing great. It was the first place I've been to where people were making fun of the ravers. And $5 american beers. That's like $8 after tip for an Old Milwakee.

6. jmaggs

jmaggs TRIBE Member

A bunch of us made a road trip there a couple years back. It was ok. Nothing special was going on that night. Luckily we hooked up with the promotions manager for Motor and she hooked us up with directons to this crazy afterparty.

It was a bit sketchy considering we had to treck down this back alley into what looked like an abandoned building, off the main drag in downtown Detroit.

As we got in though, the inside was almost club like. Definately an experience, although I'm glad we made friends quick and didn't get on anyone's bad side while we were there. No security in the place at all, so who knows what could have gone down...

Anyway, ask around while you're there and I'm sure someone will know about a good afterparty...

Maggs :D

7. Guest

Guest Guest

indeed.
    I've got guest list for the night so I figured since it's only a 3 1/2-4 hour drive might as well go and support.
    Besides, road trips are always fun.

8. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I have a T-1000 set from Motor, and it's awesome!