1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Moss-Man

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by graham, Apr 2, 2002.

1. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

Moss-Man smelled like pine needles, probably from sleeping in the forest undergrowth. He was a master of camoflage, unless of course he was removed from the forest, or anything green.

[​IMG]

He was described as a heroic spy, but I really doubt he was smart enough to do any actual spying. He was more of a lumbering freak.

[​IMG]

Moss-Man sneak-attacking Tri-Klops, Tri-Klops is all "What the Hell is that?" He seems to have respect for Moss-Man's bashing club though, probably wise.

2. deep

deep TRIBE Member

welcome back!

3. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

long time, no post.

and moss man was the schnizzle. i still have him somewheres in my toy box .... but he doesn't smell anymore like pine needles, it's more of a spunky smell nowadays.

--craig

4. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

he was pretty bad-ass

5. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Mossman was pretty cool, but what's the deal with his weapon? I presume that it is some sort of mace... how the heck are you supposed to use one of those to defend against a sword attack? Or even worse... numchucks?

Pete

6. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

numchucks ... it's nunchucks you numnuts!

[​IMG]
    Moss man didn't come with any fancy gun or jet propultion pack, no, he didn't need items like that to prove his power. Moss man onlt weapon was that of sheer brutality. Armed with only a wooden club Moss Man was able to strike fear into the heart most anyone who attempted to battle him. And good god he was covered in Moss! Thats pretty damn cool if you ask me.

--craig

7. Subsonic Chronic

Yeah I really wasn't too sure on that. It was in that same linguistic grey area as sammich/sandwich when I was thinking of it in my head. :)

pete

8. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

I assume he did a lot of sneak attacking, blending with his surroundings to effect the element of surprise. After that it must have been all bash first ask questions later. He had a twist action waist, so you know he packed a punch.

Still, Tri-Klops fired lasers out of his eyes, what good is a mace there ?

9. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

hey mr. tall, i had a dream that you were swinging off a chandelere and fell off and died - but then you arose and came back to life - oh yeah, when i awoke from the dream, it was easter sunday.

i thought you might like to know that you *may* be jesus - although i can't confirm it.

10. deep

deep TRIBE Member

moss reflects lasers , duh

11. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

[​IMG]
    Here is another flamer from He Man land. I guess this guy's super power is that his neck pops up. Gee I wish I had that super power. He certainly strikes fear in his enemies with his neck all extended. Wow! He could probably see over fences and such. All I can say is that he had better have a bottle opener on that club somewhere or he's totally fucking useless.

--craig

12. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    Faker!!

13. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

I hope the chandaliere was ok.

I was gonna post Stinkor, but he pretty much deserves his own thread

Moss-Man reflects lasers, and freshens your car with piney goodness

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Anyone remember that He-Man car-thing? You'd put a plastic stick with rivets inside, and pull it out, the wheels would turn and then it would just go? Well, once, after I revved it up, I put it to my sister's head, and it wound a whole bunch of her hair into the wheels. She screamed and ran after me with the He-Man car thing dangling from her head.

My mom had to cut her hair, cuz there was no way that fucker was coming off any other way.

15. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

cheap rip-off of alan moore's SWAMP THING

(created by the same comic book legend responsible for THE WATCHMEN, V FOR VENDETTA, BATMAN: THE KILLING JOKE, FROM HELL, et al.)

then again, he-man was a cheap rip-off of the old hercules cartoon (same storylines where the good guy would be losing until able to activate his super-power ...)

16. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

yeah, but Moss-Man smelled like pine.

17. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

... and i guess lion-o of THE THUNDERCATS was a rip-off too ...

lion-o had the best battle cry.

"by the power of greyskull ... i have the power!!!!!" was not as cool as "thunder ... thunder ... thunder!!! thundercats!!! hooooooooo!!!!!!"

18. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

..and Swamp Thing smelled like.. well, like swamp.

BBB.

Ewwwww.

(Although Swamp Thing is my favourite comic book of all time, esp the Alan Moore years.

BTW, Swamp Thing was created by Bernie Wrightson and the original stories written by Len Wein, Alan Moore came on later and REALLY evolved the character to new heights.)

19. Subsonic Chronic

That stumpy guy on He-Man's team was pretty cool, even if his super power wasn't much than the guy with the extending head. Only stumpy guy's whole torso would extend, and he would ram stuff. I think his name was Ram Man or something obvious like that. No pine-scented goodness, but he made up for it with head-bashing goodness.

Pete

20. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

nerd :p

21. deep

deep TRIBE Member

In retrospect, He-Man and all his cohorts were really gheigh and stupid

Skeletor, I mean, wtf

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Can you name anything in the 80s that wasn't?

23. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

agreed. I just like Moss-Man and Stinkor because they smell

24. deep

deep TRIBE Member

transformers, gi joe, the bicycle shorts fad

25. Guest

Guest Guest

I would argue that all of the above, although not stupid, were highly gheigh.

Don't make me prove it.