1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Melba Toast

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SlipperyPete, Jan 18, 2002.

1. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

what's a melba?

2. Melba is the disco queen

From the Ministry of SCTV

Prime Minister Highsteppa

3. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Melba = Stale..

4. SlipperyPete

if you rearrange the letters in 'melba' you can make the word 'blame'. coincidence?

5. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

THE BREAD WAS TOASTED IN HELL!!!!!!!

hey, how was the office last night?

6. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Yuck. Melba toast is one of the most pointless foods invented.

Put some bacon on the top and then we'll talk.

7. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Its alright with Nutella

Richard

8. SlipperyPete

office was good -- i think the snow kept a few away, but it still was pretty busy

got far too hammered, woke up this morning on my friends couch and had no idea where I was [​IMG]

i should point out that all it took was a little bit of melba to cure those mornin' blues

9. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

same with corn-chips dude... i was just having some. stupidest, most pointless chip. and my dad keeps buying them all the time. It's like, "Pops, haven't you ever tried a freaking dorito...or a miss vickies jalapeno?"

10. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

where'd you wake up? Johnny Head Trauma's place? I'm coming down tomorrow fram so get your liver ready, sucka?

11. Bass-Invader

nice, yeah i stayed in, i just lost my job so poorness is quickly setting in [​IMG]

melba toast is probably very absorbant, sucking away all those alcohol rates almost as fast as the legendary sphagnum peat moss, the most absorbant substance in the entire space-time continuum.

12. Bass-Invader

alcohol rates
    should read
    alcohol woes at rates...

13. SlipperyPete

liver is prepped -- actually softening it up a bit tonight

got a shitload of funny stories about last night for you -- johnny boozecan is a great source of entertainment!

14. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Anth started a new diet.. so we went out grocery shopping today.. we needed melba toast.. think we could fucking find any? nope!

15. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

drop the b, and you get lame. coincidence?

16. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

pardon your zinger!

17. ^NuERA^

^NuERA^ TRIBE Member

my uncle had a heart attack now he has to eat alot of that shit.

18. TheLiquidFairy

TheLiquidFairy TRIBE Member

Mmmmmmmm NUTELLA *drool*
    That stuff's eeeevil...
    used to eat out of the the huge jars with a ladel..mmmmmm

XXX
    Marian
    [​IMG]

19. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

they're wikkid with cream cheese and the ocaasional cucomber slice.

thasverynice

20. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

no doubt.

even jus with buttah...suits me tres fine.

good shite.

21. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

^^ graham crackers with butter are the bomb!

22. SlipperyPete

i'm endulging in the melbo again.....and reading thru some old OLD posts, just for the sake of amusement, and the fact that I have to be at work at 6 tomorrow morning.

What's changed? I used to laugh a LOT harder at the content of this bored than I do now.....

23. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Odd, I rarely eat melba toast, but I just ate a piece now.

24. SlipperyPete

we're in sync valerie.

i was just chatting with ms. cleo, and she told some interesting stuff. very interesting stuff.

**consults magic 8ball**

25. Agatka8

Agatka8 TRIBE Member

Melba Toast

WHAT? The toast of the town. The beloved Australian soprano Dame Nellie Melba could practically fill a cookbook with the culinary creations that she inspired. There is Peach Melba, Melba Sauce, Melba Garniture (tomatoes stuffed with chicken, truffles, and mushrooms that are bound with velouté), and, of course, Melba Toast. Auguste Escoffier, legendary chef of The Savoy, created both Peach Melba and Melba Toast. The story goes that the thinly sliced, crisp toast was served to Dame Melba on a day that she was indisposed. (Another source says its creation had more to do with the Rubenesque singer's never-ending struggle to lose weight.) According to John Mariani's Dictionary of American Food and Drink, Melba Toast was first mass-produced by the Devon Bakery in New York City.