meat rots in your stomach

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by The Kid, Feb 14, 2007.

1. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

So... my coworker is convinced that one when eats red meat your body doesn't digest it, rather it rots in your stomach and that's how the body breaks it down. apparently some doctor on Oprah said this is true so she's convinced of it.

Someone tell me if this is true or not please as I simply can't believe humans lack the enzymes to digest meat properly!

2. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

Bull-shit

3. Boss Hog

Boss Hog TRIBE Member

Is it that hack doctor that always shows up on Oprah in his scrubs as if to say "look I'm a doctor! And I'm a celebrity too! Check my shoes, I'm edgy!"

4. groovespinna

groovespinna TRIBE Member

wtt cares what it does.

just give me more.

5. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

yeah that's the one.

honestly can anyone provide detailed info. on this for me?! I googled but didn't find anything concrete one way or another.

6. lucky1

lucky1 TRIBE Member

maybe oprah lists it on her site..

7. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known Member

It depends how you define rot.

1. to undergo decomposition; decay.
    2. to deteriorate, disintegrate, fall, or become weak due to decay (often fol. by away, from, off, etc.).

in that sense, everything you eat rots inside you by definition.

8. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

10 bux says the "doctor" gets his own show within a couple years.

9. green_souljah

green_souljah TRIBE Member

I know if I eat pork its out of me long before it has a chance to "rot" per say.

10. queen naeema

queen naeema TRIBE Member

according to harvey diamond of "fit for life" fame, this occurs when you eat a protein at the same time as a carbohydrate; the different enzymes needed to digest the protein and the carbohydrate neutralize one another (something to do with pH maybe, i dunno i read that book years ago) and then everything in your stomach just rots.

11. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

12. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

who cares. it tastes yummy.

13. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known Member

14. technowelt

technowelt TRIBE Member

15. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

that is the dumbest shit i have ever heard.

16. Snapper

Snapper TRIBE Member

I just took a pork wonton dump, so no.

17. herro

herro TRIBE Member

its true. red meat cannot digest in your body...instead it sits and decomposes over the course of 3 days...then is released...most people that eat red meat smell really bad during that period...its gross...comes through their skin... ugh!

18. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

19. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

:D

20. Rajio

Rajio Well-Known Member

hahaha i love it

"It should be an S shape and you want to make sure the color's normal because the color of the poop tells you a lot about how you made it,"

....they dont tell me what a normal colour is though. omgz! what if i'm doing it wrong :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

21. Skipper

Skipper TRIBE Member

[geminigirl] It doesn't rot as much as you will in hell for eating it in the first place [/geminigirl]

22. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known Member

LOL @ Skipper!!!

There are not enough 'solid mass in mah belly' horror stories in the universe that would make me give up bacon or steak.

23. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Well I don't know about the rotting, but it definitely ISN'T the dumbest shit ever. In fact, eating starch with meat IS a bad thing to do (sucks for us Westerners who are hooked on bangers and mash, steak and potatoes, burgers and fries).

Was looking for a reference via google but couldn't, maybe someone could help out here?

Great use of tact too janiecakes - you can disagree without bein a jerk - but I guess I'm forgetting this is the internet, where people will talk to others in ways they would never attempt in person...;)

24. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

People who believe this shit are the same people who believe in detoxifying, regular enemas, eating only vegetables and get mystery illnesses in thier thyroids because they're "healthy"

Cancer is natural, living to the age of 98 is not.

Rob

25. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega TRIBE Member

Turns out you didn't have to wait too long for a new contestant. A mere two minutes later, this little gem:

Now Jane....which is the dumbest shit you've ever heard?