1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mazi?

Discussion in 'House Room' started by Straight Up D Shit, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Straight Up D Shit

Straight Up D Shit TRIBE Member

This room looks pretty deserted, so I am going to start a toping I am really intrested in & sorry if it has been discussed before, but stick with me & pls voice yourself

I recently discovered 2 producers/djs out of Chicago - Stace Kidd & Mazi, both on the same label & both unbelievably good.

I have always been pretty Detroit oriented so Chicago is a bit unfamiliar to me, I mean Derrick Carter & Paul Johnson are pretty known, but otherwise...

Please fill me in on what you know of the Chicago scene, history, producers, grandfathers & up & commers, good spots, good nights, good promoting Cos, record stores, hell stores...I want it all

peace & much love to all the house massives for the holidays and the New Yar!

2. Straight Up D Shit

^^^^^
    ooops bad spelling, too much wine @ Christmas dinner [​IMG]
    topic not toping
    Year not Yar (although that is the german spelling)
    & of course most importantly
    STACEY KIDD

3. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

Hmmmmmmmmm, I really don't have any type of description about either dj, however I have 1 track by Mazi, a vocally house joint.

Stacey Kidd. Is there more than one of them? I have seen a couple of house tracks with that name on them. But more importantly I was wondering if it's the same person that has been producing for the Tongue and Groove
    label. Crazy, crazy tribal tracks released on that label by Kidd.

Male or Female?

4. Straight Up D Shit

Male and with a similar style to Paul Johnson, but more fresh and more tribal, less vocals, so it must be the same guy.

5. jason klaps

jason klaps TRIBE Member

Coincidentally, Stacy Kidd will be playing at GARAGE416 Friday, January 11th, 2002 @ roxy blu.

You may want to check him out, if you like his productions like I do.

Jason Klaps
    blueprint / garage416

6. The Truth

The Truth TRIBE Member

Mazi also records under the name Audio Soul Project and just released an album "Community" on NRK records.

7. Straight Up D Shit

8. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

I have a few tracks on UC by Mazi when he did a bunch of Chicago Hard House and Funky Tech House back in the days.

Great shit.

pr0n

9. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

interesting!

I like the audio soul tracks more then the mazi ones!

lee <-- did not know dat!

10. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

boo williams and glenn underground are from chicago..and boo will be at The Living Room jan 6th.

11. Straight Up D Shit

Boo & Glenn have gotten really lazy in their old years, so talented but have disappointed me the last times they were here, I am realy for someone new.

12. Straight Up D Shit

^^^^^
    here we go again [​IMG]

i mean, i am READY for some new talent

13. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

Mazi is the shit!! by far one of the best dj's i've ever heard spin.. he controls the dancefloor with his funky, disco house.. he looks just like Quentin Terentino also. lol

Terry Mullen was a no show once in Buffalo (go figure), and Mazi filled in for him and destroyed the place.. everyone left the club saying thank god Terry Mullen wasn't there.

I'm really suprised at the lack of variety in terms of house dj's that come to Toronto.. Theres so many great dj's/producers in the US that would be amazing yet they've never played in Toronto.. *shrug*

14. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

^^^^ it's true but sad because in some cases in order to pack an event you usually have to resort to a dj that everyone has heard a million times!

15. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

sounds like an opportunity for someone!!
    wish i lived in toronto....

16. pachainibiza

pachainibiza TRIBE Member

isnt gene ferris from chicago too??

17. Straight Up D Shit

word!

18. DJNMAC

DJNMAC TRIBE Member

I've never heard him spin, but I have a few of his tracks and he knows what he's doing. Bad Boy Bill, DJ Dan both have tracks by him on their latest compilations, fucking bomb!