1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Mateo Murphy, Paul Walker, The Dukes, eco.R1 @ Red Square (April 12th)

Discussion in 'Techno Room' started by eco.R1, Apr 2, 2002.

1. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

this is a heads up for the techno room peeps. let me know what you think............

if we work together the techno vibe can work.

[​IMG]

2. SpazGirl

SpazGirl TRIBE Member

I can't wait for this!! I saw Paul Walker at Blue Moon last year & I loved it. The Dukes should kick ass. I haven't heard Mateo though...

SpazGirl
    [​IMG]

3. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

I'm really looking forward to this night. I used to be on the technolist, so am familiar with Mateo as a message board type personality, but I've always wanted to catch a set of his.

BBB.

There's just TOO DAMN MUCH GOIN ON!! I LOVE IT!

4. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

technolist?

When were you on the technolist?

I was on it from June 99 - Sept 00 (got tired of the crap on that list)

Peace,

Sabina

.:. Share what you know, learn what you don't .:.

5. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Uh, I was on from about Feb 2000 for a few months, and left it for pretty much the same reason you stated. Too much bullshit.

BBB.

Nothing to add.

6. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

which techno list are you talking about?

7. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Techno.ca, I believe.

BBB.

Mateo always seemed like a super-nice fella.

8. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

^^^ he is. absolutely no attitude or negative vibes. i spun with him in kingston on the 23rd of march. picked him up from the hotel before the event and we just talked about random stuff. no stress at all. just a nice, relaxed guy who enjoys what he's doing.

he's been signed to a few internationally recognized labels (eg/ Inside (Joel Mull's label from Sweden), Immigrant (LA), Atlas (Spain), and Restructured (Toronto), Turbo, Ascend, Default, et al).

anyways, he's pretty damn busy and i can't wait to hear what he has planned for us on the 12th......

9. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

everyone from the techo.ca techno mailing list has migrated over to tribe (neil, david lee roth jr, todd smith, ian from F*khouse...)

-despite the trashin that this site has recieved from some of the more strokin members of the list

you don't have to worry bout the BS on the list anymore...

CAUSE NO ONE EVER POSTS
    (except for Lauren for Chixdigit and me for Electric Workers...)

it's kinda nice that the list is quiet, but i miss Tosh, Neil and the rest of the trouble makers/debaters from the 90s. :(

Destro

10. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

looks tight Craig...

im down!! :)

i've had the pleasure of hearing some of Mateo's new releases coming out on Restructured and i can see why he is quickly becoming one of Canada's best techno producers!! :)

peace,

Doug.

11. Scorched Earth

Scorched Earth TRIBE Member

Technolist

I remember the days when the technolist used to be a bunch of people ripping each other apart. Very jaded bunch they were, intelligent but very cynical. That is what hardcore technosnobbery will do though.

Cheers,

Jake

12. tekno princess

tekno princess TRIBE Member

the technolist peeps come out of the closet

my tenure was from 99-01 and i can honestly say that i don't miss it one bit....

(i pretty much agree with what's already been posted, so there's no need for me to elaborate)

mateo however was one of the few people from the list that revealed himself to be a thoughtful and open-minded individual who really knows his shit.... he also happens to be a solid producer....

he played in toronto last summer (can't remember where, but i do recall that the place was practically empty).... it was the first time i saw him, and i have to admit that i was a little disappointed :(

despite my initial impression however, i would really like to see him spin again... with this line-up, a girl can't go wrong :)

13. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

hey that looks interesting... I'll prolly check it out...

KF or Adam, could u guys put me on g/list plz?

14. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

Re: the technolist peeps come out of the closet

my dear... that was at an after party for i-dance. I was there dancing up a storm... in fact... i was the only one dancing up a storm.

there was maybe 7 people in the entire venue.. the back room... which was up a set of stairs.. was EMPTY ! 3 or 4 peeps at the bar and my crew by the speakers. What a shame too... cuz murphy mashed it up !

TBK TECHNO CREW...also... I'm gonna be celebrating my birfday at this jam... check the roll-call forum

lates,

fattyp©2002

15. tekno princess

Re: Re: the technolist peeps come out of the closet

actually, i went to see mateo at the beginning of august....i-dance took place during the labor day weekend in september....

u must be referring to a different event

16. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

^^^
    was it the building blocks party with Mike Shannon and some other Montrealerz??

i think that was around august..

=+=+=+

i love tha fact that you all cut up the technolist in the same way that the list cuts up you.

...imagine the irony. :)

Destro

17. tekno princess

yeah, i think that was the one.... i remember that algorithm was supposed to play but ended up cancelling at the last minute....

18. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

ATTN: VECTOR PRODUCTIONS !!!!!!

I've been trying to email you guys but without any luck. Something I'd wish to discuss only via email.

Could you please leave me a contact that works.

thanks so much.

fattyp©2002

19. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

Re: ATTN: VECTOR PRODUCTIONS !!!!!!

ctelford@vector-productions.com

20. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

btw, here's some detailed info on theorem v1.0

click here!

let us know what you think!

craig

Last edited: Apr 8, 2002
  21. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

craig...file not found :confused:

The requested URL was not found on this server.

doug.

22. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

it should work now......

23. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

24. eco.R1

eco.R1 TRIBE Member

does the link work now? it seems to work for me....

25. SpazGirl

SpazGirl TRIBE Member

Anyone know set times for all these super fine boys??

SpazGirl