1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Lord of the Male Bonding

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jan 12, 2002.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Saw it last night (finally). I consider myself pretty liberated and openminded and everything (except for horseback riding: I don't horseback ride), but holy male bonding Bilbo! Laying it on way too thick IMO

Male Dwarf - Man bonding
    Male elf - dwarf bonding
    Those two guys in the Fellowship, the king guy and the other guy. Holy George Michaels!
    Wizard -Ork bonding
    Hobbit - hobbit bonding till the cows come home.

What about the female elf bonding? Not even once in 3 hours!!! Statistically incorrect!!!!

yeesh.

I didn't even see any foreshadowing for more female bonding.

2. Hey!HEY!HEY!

You leave George out of this.

From the Ministry of he was bonding in a BEVERLY HILLS public washroom. At least he has standards

Prime Minister Highsteppa

3. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

In the book there is NO female bonding. Oh there might be vague hints but nothing blunt and in your face.

It's an oldskool fantasy tale, and Matt (ThePlunger) put if correctly when he told me "Arwen was just in the horseback scene because they had to put a woman in the movie."

He's right.

In terms of central-to-the-plot women, there's only one really. She's only in the third book!

Rob

4. Zer0G

Zer0G TRIBE Member

Orc poo must smell really bad.

5. Elf shit probably smells like flowers.

Dwarf shit probably looks like coal.

Hobbit shit must be really small.

From the Ministry of feces analysis.

Prime Minister Highsteppa