1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

looking for rave municipal by-laws (or history of)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by xtollo, Mar 14, 2002.

1. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

Please help, I need any kind of data/info you may have or know where to find on rave laws in the GTA or anywhere else for that matter. Anything concerning raves/after hours, stuff like that. It would greatly be appreciated.

Even myths are great, so that I can look into them. For example some people think you actually can't put the word "rave" on a flyer?

I know the Star had tons of great articles when Mayor Mel outlawed parties in public buildings (last year I think). It's for school if anyone is wondering, not for my own promoting pleasure. lol

Jonathan Rinaldo (rinaldoj@hotmail.com)
    "long live the pendulum of federalism"

2. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

Go to the hullabaloo message board (http://www.hulla.info/index.php?action=forums) then into the Politics and Media forum. Years of newspaper articles are archived there.
    Beyond that, search a database like EBSCO Host, eLibrary Plus or Lexis-Nexis.

3. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

thank you so much*

4. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

It seems as though you can also find new ones consistantly comming out of politians asses.
    I'll take over and make things right, just you wait and see.

5. Brite

Brite TRIBE Member

rave till the grave

don't let the man stop you

*falls off chair*

[I don't know the offical wording, but Waterloo has a bylaw that states no events after 3 am, and St Catharines now has one that states no events after 3 am unless there is a uniform police officer on each level of the venue (or something to that affect)]

6. joey

joey TRIBE Member

i think these are real...

www.partypeopleproject.com
    ww.trip.cpm
    and something about toronto rave and dance safety commity..

maybe..?

7. joey

joey TRIBE Member

8. joey

joey TRIBE Member

i dont even know why...

9. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

thank you everyone, you have all been a huge help.

Jon