1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Limelight in NY City

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Loopster, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Loopster

Loopster TRIBE Member

Does anybody out there know the truth about Limelight in NY City?

I had one of the best nights of my life there about a year & 1/2 ago ... was introduced to Green Velvet (behind the tables, where I feel he's a master) amongst a fantastic crowd, good vibe & tons of great techno.

His enthusiam was contagious & the setting was top notch. Just the right size to enjoy & not have to fight for space. (Not to mention the building itself ... nothing like groovin' inside the remains of an old church ... slightly sinister but unforgettable!!!) I will never forget wandering around New York at 6:30 a.m. feeling extreme bliss & being blown away by how much fun the night had been.

I'm trying to find out if it's true that the club has been closed down. I've heard conflicting reports. Can anyone out there tell me? I do believe it's time for a return visit.
    :confused:

2. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I heard it closed down months ago soon after twilo.

Re-opening would be news to me.

3. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

I thik it had to do with the owner, Peter Gatien's legal troubles.

4. Loopster

Loopster TRIBE Member

:(

So it's true ...

Ah well; I'm glad I was able to experience it. Guess this means 1 thing for sure: a lot more investigative work before the next trip to NY. :D

Thanks for the info!

5. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

It actually just closed last weekend...it may or may not open up again next year under new owner John Blair.