1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Lee Osborne and Oliver Ho in Buffalo.

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by drave, Jan 29, 2002.

1. drave

drave TRIBE Promoter

This night was super. It was last Saturday on the 25th.

It was in a club called 658 in Buffalo, an awesome tech/house dj named Jubei started the night, and then German techno legend Oliver Ho came on. He played like a scientist on 3 decks and played some nice sounding techno. Had people dancing pretty well.

But Lee Osborne played after Oliver until the end and had people bouncing off the walls throughout his whole set. You have to check out Lee if you never have before. He consistently outdoes other djs and even himself. Even when he's "popped", as they say in Buffalo, on 2$ Heinekens.

"---a'm here from rachester, i'm totally papped, a'm rolling...." ha ha. [​IMG]

Kenny Glasgow is playing there next week at the same club.

So congratulations for Lee to be playing the same night as a famous international guy like Oliver Ho, and congratulations on making people dance harder and crazier than him.

dave of Promise.

2. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Lee Osborne??!!?? [​IMG] Haha...congratulations Lee!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

3. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Word! Lee is an awsome Dj it's about time people are starting to recognize the talent that lies in their hometown.

Congrats "Jet Set Dj Lee Osborne"

Kyfe

Be sure to check him out at the next Audio party feb 6th @ Nasa.

4. Psyklone

Psyklone TRIBE Promoter

Just wonderin' if this club 658 used to be Club Marcella?

Psyklone

5. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

^^^ nope, 658 used to be called "Kingsnake" but now they just go by the address of the club. However, it is basically right next door to Marcellas.

dave - i think i met ya at the end when i was leaving, great looking flyer!!

other than that, amazing night, Lee really impressed everyone with the tunes he was playing.. 658 after 2am on a Saturday is probably the best place to be in Buffalo for the whole week - the people left are the ones really into the music and it just keeps going lights on and everything til the owner says to call it quits!

6. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Hey I just found a flyer for the night on the web!

Props to the B-lo crew Jubei and Bullets for throwing a pumpin night!

This weekend Kenny in invading Buffalo!

[​IMG]

7. drave

drave TRIBE Promoter

I read in Eye this week that Kenny Glasgow and Paul Walker are playing in Russia next month. That's really cool.

I wonder how many rubles they make there. I wonder how many rubles a record is...I bet the 'import' section is pretty large.

Locals play good.