1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Lafleche & Myka @ Life

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Nesta, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Lafleche was rippin' it! He played some sick ass, tripped out remix of Pink Floyd's "On The Run". What a track! And then the remix of "Everybody(Be Somebody)" that caused the entire dancefloor to erupt. A wicked night to say the least.

Nice to meet Finch, Smiley Jo, and JMaggs. Damn, I didn't get any cookies. [​IMG]

2. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

Sorry Nesta, I got them from Nicole later on, then got sick of carrying them around, and gave them to Jay to hold on to.
    So Finch and Jay ended up with the bulk of them, and Myka got some too. I'll hook you and Nicole up through Brad this week. No worries.

Joanna [​IMG]

3. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

a big fat 'SUKKA-HEAD' goes out to the Bottomless Chrome for his less than stellar performance at Life. We left before Myka got back on to set things straight.

4. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

Duh, maybe I should write a review huh?
    *laughs*

The boys absolutely tore it up. [​IMG]
    Then again I expected nothing less. They reinforced my passion for raw, dirty house for the second night in a row, and they had a blast doing it from what I could see. What a combination. Stellar!

Too bad I didn't know the club was doubling as a SAUNA that night, or I would have dressed more appropriately. (Like a bathing suit?) To Whom It May Concern, get some extra fans it there, it's totally unbearable. The heat made me feel so nauseous I couldn't dance. Considering two of my top three favorite DJ's were throwing down killer sets, I was less than impressed that I wasn't able to dance as much as I wanted to. Most Wanted is bringing in some killer talent, and the residents are great, but i'm not gonna make a habit of going to Life if they don't do something about the ventilation. Fer real. If the owners are being cheap, find a new venue, ida know. My $0.02...

Joanna [​IMG]

5. unklespins

unklespins TRIBE Member

I've been to life 4 times now and that was really the first time I've noticed it was too hot, the other times were almost cool...might have been just too many ppl.

I thought the sets were pretty dope...some of the mixes were really off, but I found out later that the monitors were shitty supposedly.

The crowd was fairly good, although some of the ppl there could have used a severe dose of humility. There was quite a bit of attitude there, I hardly noticed at Marco Carola that there was any. What was with the two chicks that got up half-way through the night and sat in front of the dj booth?? They likely thought they were doing everyone a favour by letting us look at them...that bugged me, I wish security would have kicked them off, i'm surprised lafleche or myka didn't say something...

All in all a good night, especially with so many friends coming out, made up for some of the bad attitude that was there...

6. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

ACK! I forgot to mention my pre-party crew!
    [​IMG]
    All I have to say it that I was the envy of every other girl at the Bishop and the Belcher when I showed up with my boys. Imagine a crew consisting of Finch, Brad (from MWE), Jmaggs and Futronic.
    DAMN!
    Had some serious eye-candy that night, fo' sure!
    The pleasure was ALL mine boys.

Joanna [​IMG]

7. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

^^^ Yes, i'm bragging...
    You would too! [​IMG]

Joanna [​IMG]

8. jmaggs

jmaggs TRIBE Member

Wicked night out. Great tunes and great company (not to mention great cookies [​IMG]), always make for a good time. Myka rocked it as always, and Lafleche kicked it up even higher. Only complaint, as already said before was the heat. There was one fan in the DJ booth that people kept moving around all night, but it was no where near enough.

Had to leave early though and got stuck in a freaking downpour. I *almost* would have rathered snow. Made for a wet walk home.

Nice meeting Nesta and Magical White Isle. And props to our pre-party crew. Trivial Pursuit is just that much more fun over a pitcher of Keiths.

Jo, eyecandy is a saying a but much methinks, but thanks for the compliment anyway babe!

Maggs [​IMG]

9. TheVibe

TheVibe TRIBE Member

Really enjoyed the format, having both those guys tearing up the decks at the same time.

I really thought Lafleche showed some great skill and enthusiasm. He was really into the set.

Minus the attitude, minus the intense heat-wave, the party was great!

10. discodancer_j

discodancer_j TRIBE Member

i guess this nite was all about you jo...lol!

you deserve a good time...i know you dig all the boys that were there that nite...does it have anything to do with a majority of them being dj's...lol

i'm just teasin'

i know i wanted to go...but i'm glad i copped out at the last minute...i couldn't bring myself back to Life yet...
    and i heard there was a shooting there the nite b4 anyway...what's up with that??

peace all
    janICE:>

11. The Magical White Isle

The Magical White Isle TRIBE Member

I got to Life around 2am, and the place was rammed and hot. A sauna is definitely the best way to describe it. Bathing suits for next time? Jo, I am in if you are [​IMG]

I truly enjoyed watching these two friends spin head to head. I enjoyed Lafleche better than I did Myka, but they both did a fine job and seemed very much into the sets that they were spinning. The music was very hard, and very dirty. I managed to withstand the heat for the most part and danced hard all night. My legs are actually still sore now, but that is also due to the fact I played some serious hoops for the first time in months. Maybe I am getting old???

The crowd was alright. I'd classify it as the 'typical' Life crowd. Some people were chill, others were too messed up and some were a combination of both. [​IMG] I did manage to keep myself preoccupied by dancing with a some attractive ladies for the majority of my night. [​IMG] Doesn't take much to make me happy!

I'll agree with Nesta on the "everybody (be somebody)" track, as that was a treat that got everyone really hyped up.

It was very nice to finally meet Smiley Jo, and JMaggs face to face- what up guys?! [​IMG] I also enjoyed chilling with Nesta for a bit, side bar style, where the ventilation was marginally better. [​IMG] Kalemic, I looked for you yet again at a party that we were both at and couldn't find yo' ass! Next time boy, or else!!!

Once Life gets that ventilation problem fixed, the club will have a really good Saturday night thang going on.

I left around 6am, Lafleche was still on the decks. Did Kenny G ever make it on?

One love,
    T

12. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

Whatever!
    You know you and your b/f are the biggest DJ whores in the crew!
    *grins*
    That's right!

One word Janice: hotsteppa'

Joanna [​IMG]

13. DanceWithMe

DanceWithMe TRIBE Promoter

Shame on you JanICE !!!

Spreading bad rumours. I'm going to have to speak to your boyfriend about that.

Nobody got shot at Life the night b4.

Someone got shot on Richmond Street between Life and MadBar. The person was not a patron at Life the night before either.

Shame on you JanICE... I might have to make you pay next time your boyfriend puts you on the guestlist to any of our events... [​IMG]

14. DanceWithMe

DanceWithMe TRIBE Promoter

AND LIFE WAS NOT THAT HOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OBVIOUSLY IF YOU ARE ON THE DANCEFLOOR FOR 4 HRS STRAIGHT YOU'RE GOING TO SWEAT LIKE A PIG!

JUST LIKE IF YOU TOOK A 4 HOUR JOG IN ANTARCTICA WITH LONG SLEEVE PANTS AND SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT. YOU WILL SWEAT LIKE A PIG!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

OR IF YOU TOOK ANY STIMULANTS IT'S GOING TO CAUSE YOUR METABOLISM TO GO UP, THEREFORE BURNING MORE CALORIES, THERFORE PRODUCING SWEAT AS A MEANS OF THE BODY TO COOL ITSLEF OFF!

I DANCED ON AND OFF THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT, AND DID NOT SWEAT ONE BEAD!

LIFE WAS NOT THAT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. STR8UP*

STR8UP* TRIBE Member

16. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

Hey, I was just giving my opinion, (and frankly, I don't really care for the assumptions you're making.) As you can see by the number of people who mentioned it, the heat was an issue.

Joanna [​IMG]

17. Che

Che TRIBE Member

Jesus! Chill out most wanted. Its like you're promoting the night or something, hehe.

18. discodancer_j

discodancer_j TRIBE Member

woah nelly...hold on there sweetie
    is that you ronnie?....

i wasn't spreding rumours , like i have a hit out for Life or something, i was told there was a shooting there the night before so i said what's up with that, cuz i wanted to know the story, don't say shame on me...i just wanted to know what the deal was, thanks for clarifying...

and my boyfriend does not work for you...lol
    Fish is just my friend!!

and you can't deny that life gets terribly hot and unbearable, i have been partying sober since day one so that has nothing to do with anything..i've been to Life to see Lego, Richard F, Miss honey Dijon, everyone under the sun frankly, and it's always hard to breathe...the ceilings' only what? 9ft?

we're just recommending more ventalation...
    we don't want the firefighters to show up again, do we now?....

jo and i are just stating opinions...k?

peace out...
    i'll be there for onionz...cuz you so highly recommended it...just to piss you off.................... [​IMG]

janICE:>