1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

King Sunshine.

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by mingster, Mar 10, 2002.

1. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I can't decide if the first performance I saw them do was the best, or if I was just so impressed that I loved them first off.

Tonight, they were fine, save for the slight technical difficulties I audibly observed.

I am still amazed and appreciative of watching the music being created. One of the reasons I like watching these guys. It is so amazing to watch them create house music right before my eyes. So different that hearing it on a record. It's watching the creation. And it is so very special. :)

Ming,

2. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Oh yeah! The cougars!

So. Many. Cougars. It was hilarious! I never noticed them before, but they are so very pityful......:D

Ming,

3. *tranner*

*tranner* TRIBE Member

I knew this would be good, but I never excpected to feel the way I felt at the Reverb. Listening and dancing to records is nothing compared to seeing the music unfold right infront of you, watching every sound being created. Amazement is how I can best describe what was going through me. The music was full of life, and it made me feel alive. :)

4. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

I've only seen these guys play twice, and for some reason, I wasn't really into their set last night. They started off well, but then I just found that they seemed to be off beat a bit at times and this went on until the end. They are very talented people though and watching them all play unstruments and sing and interact with eachother with body gestures, eye contact and their instruments was really cool.
    And the cougars.... oh my! They were in abundance! I watched one drunken cougar sway back and forth as she waited for a stall in the bathroom. I guess standing eventually became too much and she eventually lost her balance and went stumbling into me! crazy cougar.

natalie:D

5. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

nat & mel, 2 cougars @ heart :)

jc

6. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Not a chance. :p

7. *tranner*

*tranner* TRIBE Member

Whoa, if this was one of their off nights I should check them out when they're really on.

8. kerouacdude

kerouacdude TRIBE Member

Don't worry, when you're in your 30's, people your age will be calling you the same (or whatever word's in at that time) and pitying you...no matter how you dress, no matter what you do..it's just a matter of perception...young making fun of the old, the cycle will continue. And please don't tell me you won't be at clubs then.