1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Kemal and Rob Data

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by rentboy, Dec 4, 2001.

1. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Anyone heard 'Fucking Hostile'?

mental tune....

2. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

gotta link?

i'll try dnbmassive

3. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

yep..that's where it's at...reminds of the Pantera 'Fucking Hostile' tune...

4. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

fuckin hostile is right!! good god, crazy track

5. Vise

Vise TRIBE Member

Rightfully so, as that track is the source of the sample. Bad bad stuff.

6. Samuree

Samuree TRIBE Member

You're kidding.
    Pantera rules, Vulgar Display is an amazing album! It ends with their redo of Sabbath's Planet Caravan, but you knew that already. Will someone remix By Demons be Driven? OR some of the shit off Trendkill? Like Mouth for War, man, I should do that. . . I've always wanted to make some sick track out of Floods.

7. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Good call...i agree that metal and rock should get the d'n b treatment...ever since i heard John B's remix of Orgy's 'Fiction-Dreams in Digital' i've found that the collaboration is interesting.

peace
    Chris

8. CC

CC TRIBE Member

not that deftones are really heavy metal, but a friend of mine said that they had some d&b dj open for them. not sure if that was for one show, or for a tour, but it still leaves the door open.

it's only natural to blend heavy metal and hip hop into d&b, as those three styles are rooted in the greatest thing on earth: BASS. if you like one, you'll probably like them all.

CC

9. Samuree

Samuree TRIBE Member

Dude, how about Atari Teenage Riot vs. Slayer on that Spawn soundtrack!! That's killer shit, or that Hive track that's on the Matrix soundtrack, Supersonic Sound Dudes we're totally on to something here! All D n' B needs thrash guitar with wads of distortion, the double kick drum pedal and some guttural satanic lyrics, or maybe that might be taking it too far?? . . .

10. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Yeah i liked that Slayer/Atari combo...i really dig Atari period...insane shit...
    I'm just surprised that this sort of thing hasn't progressed more.

On another tip: Check out Zinc's new tune 'Ska'...sounds like a drum 'n bass/Ska hybrid...really interesting [​IMG]