1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Karaoke

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Libradragon, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

Anyone know of any karaoke places they can recommend? I have this overwhelming desire to torment those around me with my voice, have a few beers and laughs, and try out new dance moves with those who dare to make fools of themselves....with me, of course.

2. matty

matty TRIBE Member

I karaoke very badly.

3. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

Pacific Mall

4. Libradragon

good! you can join me then, matty. [​IMG]

come on, it'll be fun.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

....girls just wanna have fun.....

6. Libradragon

there's gotta be one (or two) downtown. I'm not trekking all the way to markham.

7. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I think there is one at Yonge and richmond in this little tiny place. There is probably a tonne of them along Spadina and in the beaches.

jeremy -I'll ask around- jive

8. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

A la Elaine from Seinfeld? With the thumbs and the kicking?

Bias [​IMG]

9. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

There's this place my friends and I go to on Dufferin and Lawrence. They let us smoke doobies and drink after 2am in the private rooms. It's nextdoor to the Swimming Pool (some swanky pool hall/bar). Hope this helps!

10. Libradragon

i remember doing a really really bad rendition of madonna's Papa Don't Preach when i was 14. mental note: don't get drunk at a gathering with filipinos, they tell your parents everything. [​IMG]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Bathurst & Bloor area.

12. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

on Bloor St. between Bathurst and Ossington in Koreatown there are three or four places

don't ask me how I know that

13. Tonedeff

Tonedeff TRIBE Member

I know because GC posted the information two minutes before me

14. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Cry, Cry Again.

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

15. DarkRave

DarkRave TRIBE Member

They have Kick-Ass Kareoke (thats what they seriously call it) at The Bovine (Queen & Bathurst)every first or last Wednesday of each month.

hope that helps!

luv and laffs,

pen

16. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

[​IMG] - haha me too!
    but it always seems like a good idea when I am drunk. I just "know" I sound good then.

17. Heinz57

Heinz57 TRIBE Member

holy... Naomi, you're soooooo filipino.... i luv it!

There's alot of korean karaoke places around... and the restaurant/bar in my building has karaoke every weekend... makes for some great pre-club drunken shenanigans..

18. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Way too funny. They also seem to bust out the ole tapes of you singin/karaoke to their friends at large gatherings....

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

19. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

I sang my first Karaoke song not too long ago. Aqua's "Barbie Girl"

heh heh

20. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

There's a Fillipino karaoke bar near my place called Manilla by night [​IMG]

If you want my *expert* opinion on Karaoke the best place is *Twister* at Yonge and Finch. It has the most up to date songs i've seen at any other place. The one next to the swimming pool pretty good too, my friend owns that one. I don't know about the smoking weed and getting served after 2am, he never let me do that [​IMG] although it has been a long time since i've been there

21. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

i'm in, let's go this weekend.

22. Heinz57

Heinz57 TRIBE Member

at Bathurst & Finch?

23. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

^^^yup, i guess i forgot to mention that

24. Libradragon

are you serious?!? i wasn't sure if you would be into it. i was gonna go with my girl friends. but yah! let's do it!

Mr. Furious, you seem to know a lot about Karaoke. By any chance, do your parents own a karaoke system? my parents have the DVD version. But they're anal about bad singers performing, hence this thread.

25. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

The Red Spot on Church has decent karaoke