1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Justin Scott Dixon

Discussion in 'Progressive Room' started by Special K, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

Has anyone ever heard him play out live???
    What are his sets like, reason I ask is because he will be at the Kool Haus on April 20th...

other than his song Pure, I know NOTHING about the dude...

2. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

he bangs sandra collins

3. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

I think someone is jealous.......

Maybe Jay wishes he could be Sandra Collins?

Here is a small bio and his discography from their website, www.octoberdata.com

Justin Scott Dixon

Born out of Orlando's historic breakthrough in electronic and dance music, Justin Scott Dixon's reputation is by far the most internationally acclaimed amongst American music producers and dj's. Justin Scott's musical influence was apparent when he began playing the drums in Roanoke, Virginia. It was in Roanoke that he began dj'ing hip-hop music in clubs in 1988-92. In 1992, he discovered house music while dj'ing in the local gay clubs. There he met Jeff Alderson, DJ Spice, and the two started throwing raves and parties in clubs bringing dj's into Virginia from across the country.

First seen and heard nationally as DJ Friction part of the dynamic duo known as Friction and Spice, Justin Scott captured the soul of any dancer paving the path for perfect get-down and boogie music. This partnership came to create the known label Cosmic Records with 17 releases, selling over 80,000 copies with key singles upwards to 7,000 units in the last 4 years. This resulted in 20 different third-party licensed compilations globally.

Justin Scott's progression as a producer gave birth to alias Voyager with tracks released on Superstar DJ Sasha's own independent label Excession. After this release, Quad Communications was hot on the tail of Voyager's original production which led to a four singles exclusive deal for the UK on Coded Records part of the Global Underground empire. Voyager has just signed a 3 single record deal with Twilo Records in New York city for the year 2001. Make sure to look out for his 5 new releases out on international labels before March 2001.

Discography Cosmic Records Release's 1996 thru 1999

1. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Groove Me" Original. jan 96

2. D.J.'s Friction & Spice " Pure " Original Mix's. march 96

3. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "You Make Me Feel So Good" Original Mix's. may 96

4. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Ah Yeah & Give Me The Music" Original Mix's june 96

5. Voyager/Cosmic Duo " Nu Energy & Friction's Flavour" August 96 ------ This record was the first release on Sasha's Independent Lable " Excession" Jan 97

6. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Funky Ass Breaks Vol 1." Oct 96

7. Voyager " Slider/The Beat/Relax - e.p. " Nov 96

8. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "The Rythm" with a remix by "D.J. Who" Jan 97

9. D.J.'s Friction & Spice " The Remix E.P." "Groove Me / You Make Me Feel So Good" This is Featured on Chris Fortier's Mix Compilation

10. Voyager " Lost World / Ultra Intense " Apr 97

11.D.J.'s Friction & Spice " Future Funk E.P." June 97

12. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Ah Yeah Remix 97 / Acid Drop " August 97

13. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Work For Love Remix's" Dec 97

14. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Dark Night / Explorations " March 98

15. Voyager " Pure Remix " July 98 As Featured on Sasha & John Digweed's Northern Exposure Mix CD - Expedition's.

16. D.J.'s Friction & Spice "Get Jazzed Up E.P." October 98

17. Voyager " Time Travel E.P." July 99 As Featured on John Digweed's 1st Bedrock Mix Comp.

"Voyager Releases On Various Lables"

Motion / One Or Two Coaded Records U.K. Sep 2000 -----

"Motion" Featured on Dave Seaman's Renaissance Awakening Mix CD -

March 2000 Time Travel E.P. Coaded Records U.K.

Nov 99 Panic E.P. Coaded Records U.K.

May 2000 Aria "One/Acention/Beyond/Feel " Duece Records------ Excession

1997 D.J.'s Friction & Spice " Step Into My Dream" - FFRR - 1997 - Sunshine State Of Mind E.P.

D.J.'s Friction & Spice " Transformed " Steet Beat Records U.S.A.

****************************Voyager Remix's 2000

1. Origen " Refined " Voyager remix - Jan 2000 - Steelyard Records U.K.

2. Stef Paco & Fredric " Magic Shop " Voyager Remix - June 2000 - Coded Records U.K.

3. Franseco Farfa " Tribe & Trance " Voyager Remix - July 2000 - - Plastic Fantastic Records U.K. - as featured on John Digweed's Hong Kong Mix CD.

4. Ultra Vixen's " ? " Voyager Remix Nov 2000 - Amato Records

5. Bedrock " Beutiful Strange " Voyager Remix - ? 2000 - Bedrock Records U.K.

****************************Production Credit's

Sandra Collins " Tranceport 3 " Mixed And Mastered By Justin Scott Dixon

Various Song Production For "AK 1200" 98-99

Cliff Tangredi " Shimmer" Writen & Produced By Voyager. March 99

4. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

too funny :D

5. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

BuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMP!

He will be here on the 27th now instead. Damn now I have to decide between him and John "00" Fleming.

6. HC_P

HC_P TRIBE Member

Not to worry. Fleming is here on the 26th. You'll just have to pull the 'double' that weekend :D

Albert.

7. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

So, in all honesty, does Justin Scott Dixon spin BORING progressive? Does he fall into that Chris Fortier and Jimmy van M category? You know, that kind of music where people use words like "deep" and "moody"?

8. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

To me his name conjours up thoughts of "hard" and "pounding" but I've never heard him spin, only his production work. I suppose maybe the term "deep" could be used as well *shrugs* I dunno, I guess I really have no idea how he will sound until I hear him...

9. RyanMarcus

RyanMarcus TRIBE Member

Voyager @ KoolHaus

Anyone from Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge going?

10. loopdokter

loopdokter TRIBE Promoter

Re: Voyager @ KoolHaus

I was going to but now I'm sticking around on Saturday to drop a few tunes at the Mark Scaife shindig.

You should come man. Save yourself some moula! They need the support too.

Cheers,
    Jay K.

11. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

Yeah Adrian ... I think you'll find him boring. He plays dark stuff that does chug along ... not really deep and moody. But overall I could see you not liking him.

12. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

cover at guv is only 10...15 after midnight...

thats really not that expensive

13. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Justin Scott Dixon

See, now that's an honest answer! Thanks. I'll probably still end up going on Saturday just to check everything out. I've become a little more open-minded about American prog DJs recently, ever since some pleasant surprises from the likes of Luis Diaz and Liam Kennedy.

14. RyanMarcus

RyanMarcus TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Voyager @ KoolHaus

Sounds like a plan -- I'm rather curious about hearing JSD, as Voyager is one of my favourite producers, but no one wants to go from around here. As such, we'll do that up in all likelyhood. Lates

15. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Review

So I decided against going out on Saturday night. Did anyone end up going? How was Justin Scott Dixon?