1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Jungle Jams Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by greginhali, May 21, 2015.

1. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Anyone want to shout out a good Jungle party coming up? There with bells on.

2. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

releases, promoters, venues and scene in general is very weak right now... my opinion...

sometimes its better to stay home, listen to your records or watch youtube, and remember how it used to be.

i think your best bet in thymless in the market. also promoter projek throws big jams and that is generally it.

if you here of anything circle back here to let us know.

peace
    sr

3. T

T TRIBE Member

must completely disagree with djsubrock. without offense, i can tell you are a bit removed from the music and have not attended many events recently?

in fact, i feel quite the opposite. drum and bass is at its best.

Consider the masterlab shows, next one featuring Calibre Doc Scott and DRS.

Tickets and Event Information @ VIRGIN MOBILE MOD CLUB - Toronto, ON

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

To be fair, he said the 'scene' is weak at the moment, not the music.

5. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

no offence taken. healthy debate about music i love.

listen guys, and whoever out there is reading these posts....

drum and bass is dying right before our very eyes. places liek play de record do not order drum and bass anymore. people simply dowload their tunes, and move on. things are very disposable in that state. those folks into lil wayne did that. lil wayne does not sell records. nobody buys that garbage.

this is what I am talking about. the scene is so weak right. thanks for notice re: doc scott.

i am on a next level re: jams and stuff so i check out different stuff all the time. i have not caught wreck on dnb vibes in a long time. i still buy beats though... the last new one i bought was that paradox on samuri... i found some onld prototypes and reinforced on the cheap recently too.. been rinsing those.

6. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

also peeps in toronto can only handle that two step shit or jump up.

drop the new dego album and ppl are gonna say the beats all bruk up i cant rave my face-off..

7. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

i actually don't even know of a tougher jam than my studio... just sayin'

sr

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

lol - let me know when I can bring over my air horn! :p

9. T

T TRIBE Member

Quite the opposite. Ill argue drum and bass in Toronto is the best it's ever been actually.

This year alone, we have hosted Marcus Intalex, Fabio, Spy, Calibre, Doc Scott, DRS, Technimatic, Mark System, Random Movement. All shows well attended with knowledgeable, energetic party crowds. We have moved the music into some of the city's best venues, like Coda and Guv (rip) and Sound Academy.

Our local boys are at the top of the genre. Rene La Vice and Bensley both making some amazing music on Ram Records. RMS, Schematic, Artifice, Hungry T, Mac Smash, Stranjah, Gremlinz, Dcision, NC17 all releasing on big labels and setting the pace for the current climate in dnb. If you havent heard their stuff, definitely check it out.

Marcus and Lush have built an amazing back catalogue of music with Inner City Dance and continue to release great music.

Church Sundays has been on for over a year now, we have hosted Hype, Nicky Blackmarket, Fabio and countless others every Sunday night at Tota.

The enei show a few wednesdays ago was PACKED till 3am.

Tomorrow night we host Calibre Doc Scott and DRS at MOD Club, on a heavy Adamson sound system. Its gonna be a very busy night.

Come out and see for yourself. Toronto is amazing right now.

technics1200

10. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

lol

It's good to be optimistic. sad to be delusional.

Calibre should be a good show though....

11. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

^^ x 2

12. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

I like your post. Sounds like things are happen. I might check out the mod club show. That venue with some D&B sounds great.

13. djsubrock

djsubrock TRIBE Promoter

i have nothing positive to say so I am going to refrain.

how was doc scott? i never got into calibre. nice production and everything but... it never got to me on that level you know. liek say drumz did by doc soctt.

somebody call gunnz and see what he is saying...

sr

14. T

T TRIBE Member

Yeah... was a time.

[​IMG]

Come to a show to see for yourself.
    LTJ Bukem and Lenzman at CODA August 2nd.

15. DJ Vuvu Zela

DJ Vuvu Zela TRIBE Member

I've been impressed with the Master Lab line ups (all have been more interesting than what Syrous is bringing in IMO) I really wanted to hit SPY but i was committed to something else that night.

I may consider checking out Lenzman if i'm not busy that weekend.