1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Jori Hulkonnen Essential Mix

Discussion in 'House Room' started by seeker, Feb 4, 2002.

1. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

Has anyone given this a listen yet? it was just done this past weekend, but i got it off audiogalaxy today. i think it's pretty great. nice and deep, a little dubby, a little jazzy, with a nice bit of electro thrown in for good measure.

you can find a tracklisting at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essential_mix.shtml

2. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

I've been really getting into Jori Hulkkonen the past few months - his last few track releases and remixes have been absolutely amazing...I have his Finland Mix Sessions, and Scadanavian House Sessions stuff, but didn't know he just did an essential mix...will have to download this for sure...

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

3. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

I'm gonna have to hunt this down. The entire Turbo roster is solid.

4. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

i was wondering what that turbo cd was like, helsinki mix sessions i think. if it's anything like this mix, it sounds like a definite must.

i can't stop listening to this mix. [​IMG]

5. *SiLver*RoBoT*

Finland Mix Sessions on Turbo is more deep jazzy house.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

6. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

What style of house does he play?

Pete

7. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

this guy has been one of my fav's for a couple of years now i have liked everything i've heard him play or produce the jazz element added to the sweet housey sounds just blows me away, I usually like the harder more prog side of house but this is the exception,

He better come to toronto soon!

Kyfe

8. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

i was thinking the same thing. [​IMG]

9. *SiLver*RoBoT*

Just got the essential mix downloaded...and he's got my favourite tracks of the moment - Telepopmusik - Breathe and Whispers...both amazing tracks! Tiga's "Sunglasses at Night's in there" and Nick Holder's "Shadows"...4 tracks in, perfect music to work too...

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

10. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Jori co-produced "Sunglasses at Night" with Tiga.

11. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I just downloaded it. It's very good indeed. I thought the first half was fantastic, the second half wasn't as good, but still pretty good. At about the 112 minute mark there's a great track I think it's called, I Wish by Carl Thomas.

Pete

12. *SiLver*RoBoT*

I must have ADNY presents Clear Vision - You're a lover...

This track's so sweet!!

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*