1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

January Blahs.......

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Sassy, Jan 21, 2002.

1. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

Anyone else feeling down and shitty? I hate this time of year, maybe its a lack of sunlight or post-holiday depression or something but I want winter to end!

Anyone have any suggestions on how to concur the winter blahs? [​IMG]

2. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

3. joey

joey TRIBE Member

i woke up and there was snow [​IMG]

drink hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps
    it will warm you up and make you feel happy

4. feisty boy

feisty boy TRIBE Member

concur??
    conquer, perhaps...

embrace winter!
    go snowboarding...

or ignore winter - rent lots of movies....

so far those are my two best options [​IMG]

5. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

i know how you feel sassy. [​IMG]

it's winter blahs all right. Surround yourself with friends - especially the funny ones. laughter is the best medicine.

6. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

naomi they are laughing at you...

7. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

8. Libradragon

sassy and jayjay
    sitting in a tree.....

[​IMG]

jayjay, i gave you a kiss on the forehead when i came home friday night/sat morning...and then i noticed the drool hanging from your mouth and almost barfed.

[​IMG]

9. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Sassy - just wait till February.

Now THAT'S when I feel like taking a red bath.

Fuckin miserable.

Therefore I'm going on holiday to get some heliotherapy. AKA Sunning on the beach.

10. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

i always get them. this year i'm trying to counteract them by keeping a busy schedule. so far it actually seems to be working.

11. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

hahahhahhahha!!!! i was awake but couldn't muster the strength to push you away...what were you eating all night...deviled eggs?

12. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

YES do you even have to ask?

it could be the lack of UV rays. There's this condition called Seasonal Affective Disorder, more commonly reffered to as *winter blahs* or as some people appropriately refer to as S.A.D. Apparently a lot of people are affected by this and don't even realize it. A lot of people who live in places like Vancouver and England are affected because of the fact that it rains two thirds of the year.
    You can buy these special lamps that sold specifically for S.A.D treatment and you just sit in front of it for about 15 minute a day. The only bad thing is that it can cost up to $5,000. I've heard that tanning beds emit the same UV rays as the above mentioned lamps, thus reducing the presence of S.A.D.

There are also cheaper alternatives. I read an article about this somewhere and it listed things like exercise, waking up during the day to see whatever sunlight is still around at this time of year, etc. etc.

I just try to go to the gym as much as I can to increase the release of endorphines......the only problem is, the january blahs make it hard to get my ass out of bed

13. Libradragon

nope, that was your upper lip.

14. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

Next time I should be a little more selective with my smileys ( [​IMG], [​IMG]

15. daddyiwantchocolate

^^^Moving to Rio would also help.

16. deep

deep TRIBE Member

1 500w halogen bulb = 10,000 lux = what you need for a positive benefit

Worklamps with a 500 watt halogen bulb in them cost like $25 at home depot or canadian tire

I'm still in the process of trying it out to see if it makes a difference

<A HREF="http://www.lighttherapyproducts.com/straighttalk.html" TARGET=_blank>light therapy info[/info]

more light therapy info</A>

17. deep

deep TRIBE Member

18. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

I have family there, I should seriously consider that. I'm pretty sure I have S.A.D., I felt great when I was in Israel, there was plenty of sun light and I was outside all the time. Canada winters suck! [​IMG]

19. daddyiwantchocolate

deep.

I just got the mental picture of you lying on a workbench in your basement in your in your undies with 50 worklamps dangling over you. Of course you're wearing goggles.

20. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

don't mind naomi, she's just a real bitch!
    [​IMG] ................................................................ [​IMG]

21. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

it could be worse....you could be in thunder bay [​IMG]

22. deep

deep TRIBE Member

WHO TOLD YOU

23. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

which of course...do nothing!

24. daddyiwantchocolate

Shit I needed that laugh today.

[​IMG]

25. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

Been trying to do that as wel (go to the gym) but having the same problem getting out of bed in the morning. I need an alarm clock that literally kicks my ass out of bed, the snooze button is evil!