Israeli soldiers shoot UN peacekeeper...WHILE INSIDE AN AMBULANCE!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ADT, Mar 7, 2002.

1. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

trying to be :( not :mad:.. but its a little hard to buy the "we're only shooting palestinians who are threats" line.. which is the justifications for SOOOO MUCH of what they are doing when shit like this is going on...

from CNN
    will someone please tell me why they dont just get the fuck out of there.. its not their land anyway.. and build a wall or something between them and the palestinians....

really.. will someone tell me because id really like to know..

for fucks sake.. they have nuclear weapons.. its not like anyone is going to attack them...

v..abstractdatatype (losing patience.. as if it mattered)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2002
  2. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

really.. they walk into palestine and kill whomever the fuck they please.. whenever the fuck they want to.. they bulldoze entire neighbourhoods without even warning the families..

and its all "in self defence"...

so what was this guy doing.. planning to run them over with his ambulance?!?

or did they just assume he was a wounded palestinian, and therefore a terrorist, and deserving of death.. (sounds more likely)

afterall.. with all the shit going on.. if your a wounded palestinian you MUST BE A TERRORIST

like fuck! if your not waiting long enough to see the UN flag on vehicles before you blow them up...

well... i dunno.. im getting so angry.. going for a beer

v..abstractdatatype

3. kevinj

kevinj TRIBE Member

I think you should learn the history.

4. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

^^^^ well, if you know so much, why dont you answer the question.. because I have learned alot of the history...

and I dont see an answer to that question..

the israelis claim that they cant leave palestine because its a "security threat"..

wtf does that mean?

how can it be a security threat when they have nuclear weapons and an army 10x the size of anyone near them?

not to mention 100x better equiped, and supported by the UN and the United States..

v..abstractdatatype

5. twist

twist TRIBE Member

stupid fucking palestine biting at israels feet and israel keeps crushing the angry little bugs and then more angry little bugs get stirred up by the stomping they start biting too. Then Israel starts stomping so hard that everything around the angry little bugs starts getting squished. Honestly you want incidents to end... Slap a good fucking lot of the palestinian population around get them to stage a peaceful demonstration for once in their fucking lives and watch israel buckle under international pressure (which they've already done and have plans to get their people the fuck out of crazyville) Instead no lets run a border crossing with my pregnant wife you ignorant fuck. Then lets pay those israeli bastards back by shooting some poor innocent woman in the stomach just cause she's israeli. Wonderful... dynamite anyone? It makes it real tough for me to give a shit when the godamn palestinians keep throwing rocks and blowing shit up. I'm getting real tired of hearing the complaints from them. Jesus get your people under control and guess what the israelis will pack up and leave you alone. They don't like most of you anyways (which is not really a good thing but in this situation it can work to everyones advantage cause neither side wants to be near the other.) But almost everytime in the entire history of this conflict the palestinians and their allies have been the ones to strike first. Then they get bitch slapped and hatred brews in the population because these stupid religous fucks call for some fucking holy war to fight the oppressor that employs half their godamn country. Get a grip its fucking dirt for chrissakes go build a house some godamn where else.

6. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

^^^ youve explained the mentality behind alot of this killing that going on.. yes

but none of that explains why the israelis dont just leave...

what.. is this about losing face or something..?

i really think the palestinians just want to be left alone and to have their land back..

and the israelis just want some security...

whats the problem?

v..abstractdatatype

7. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

I know my history and a biased racist UN gave the white european jews 1/2 of the land that is now Israel and Palestine back after the brits decided to withdraw.

But who were the terrorists then? Not the palestinians but in fact the Jews, who blew up the hotel where the head of the UN was staying at that time.

After this minority scored big with a UN agreement, Jerusalem (which was supposed to be INTERNATIONAL land and not to belong to one nation or the other) was captured by this small but VERY well armed jewish army, who then proceeded to capture more land....

This lead to the attack from all sides by Egypt, Syria, etc.

If you keep going back in history to prove who's land belongs to whom, it's not a good modern way of deciding.

The palestinians were jipped, bad.

The Israeli legal system gives very little rights to anyone that is not jewish. They even have specially marked ID cards which must be presented at all times.

Not looking to rag on jewish people, I have many jewish friends, but israeli's talk about how they were branded in europe in world war 2, well look who's branded now?

I watch the news in horror, and disbelief, and pray for a solution.

Sadly, it won't happen in my life time, both sides are persistant.

We could argue this forever, but Israel is not the squeeky clean democratic nation that everyone likes to think they are. They criticize other nations that base their government on religion, where as they base their SOCIETY on religion.

This will go on forever and I don't see a solution in my life time. :(

:mad: Angry and Sad
    Karim

8. twist

twist TRIBE Member

The thing is it's not like they just shipped in millions of jews from all over the world. They'd been there for a while they just never had a legal representation. The land doesn't belong to anyone ain't no fucking reason to be calling out any wahoo who thinks he gets to go to paradise by slaughtering some people. Israel is the furthest thing from squeaky clean but honestly after all the shit they've gone through I'd be a pretty sketchy biased person as well. Their government however does behave a little more like a government rather than a ruling party of a religous or racial sect. It's a shady government at times but most times they are justified in their reaction it's just the scale of the reaction that is sometimes more than iffy. They've been killing eachother for centuries and it won't ever stop without some sort of serious intervention or conflict. And from the scale of past conflicts I'm not likin the outlook on tings. Honestly tho you just have to look at the perspective damage done too each side to figure out that even while the palestinians cause may be somewhat justified... their endevours in the fight against israel are fucking retarded they accomplish nothing except breed more hate yet they persist. If someone punshes me in the face cause I'm standing on his mothers grave I'm gonna hit the fucker back. Tone it down a bit cochese it's fucking dirt and bones.

9. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

I predict a nuclear disaster to end this, and begin something else.

And good riddance to all those dumb fucks (both "sides")... you want to die because you're stupid... good, do it far away from me, you stupid fucks.

10. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

I predict that a remake of the Rock the Casbah (sp?) video will bring peace.

11. twist

twist TRIBE Member

i sure hope it brings me a piece of ass.

12. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Well, right now, Palestine has accomplished something. In the late 80's they have staged an "intifada" much like the present one. They drove Israel from total occupation (with Israeli soldiers literally standing on the rooves of their houses) out into their security outposts. They had more air to breath.

The best thing palestine could have done, was picked up the rock. Not the bomb, nor the gun, but the rock. A rocks intent is not to kill, but to show disatisfaction with life. Israel tried pushing palestinians into the "system". Their system. Their system was not something the Palestinians could live with. They were below minimum first class citizens wage, and had no chance of becoming prominantly wealthy. Notice I say first class citizens because Israel does that, they split classes, and they do it on paper.

The Legal system in Israel is very much against Palestinians as well. Israel, being a nation based solely on military and intelligence, they have secrets, and lots of them. Their secrets include the ways of gathering intelligence.

When a palestinian, is pulled out of his home, for throwing a rock, or seen at a rally, he goes to court. He gets appointed a Lawyer, and he is in front of a judge. The evidence is not layed out and discussed, the evidence is an Israeli intelligence officer telling the judge that the evidence is too delicate to release in the court of law for it might leak their secrets. Their secrets are above all the most important to them. What does this Palestinian get? 3 months, for not even knowing what he did wrong. And that is the MINIMUM that they hand out. Many innocent palestinians get this kinda treatment and it drives them up the wall.

Palestinians are a large number of people, yet have no representation in the government with any real power. Israel tried putting them into this system as faceless low wage workers.

Sharon is the wrong prime minister. He is a terrorist, and an extremist. He killed 2000 unarmed refugees in the Sabra and Shatilla refugee camps outside of Beirut Lebanon. Women and Children included. He was set to stand trial in front of the war crimes tribunal in belgium, but the primary witness was assasinated last month.

Israel's "government" is running a sharade here. They play alot of games and make wrong appear right. They are doing a good job at it.

Recently, some light broke through the clouds over this conflict, when Saudi Arabia's king said that the arab nations will aknowledge Israel as long as the land that Palestine was given to before 1967 was honored by Israel. If Israel agrees, this could mean alot of good things for both sides.

Oh yeah, if you read the news I believe yesterday, you would have read at the bottom of the Israel-Palestine conflicts day summary, that an extremist jew detonated a bomb in a home in palestine, critically wounding 3. Funny how this was at the bottom of the story.

Anyways, I am biased, I will admit. My life is in Canada, and I shouldn't interfear with what's going on there, BUT it fascinates me with how much Israel gets away with, and covers up.

My rambling for now is complete.

:mad:
    Karim

13. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i predict that this thread is going to be very ugly....

14. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

I'm not out to make enemies by the way. I respect opinions of all.

UN DEBATING!! Lets roll!

:D
    Karim

15. organik

organik TRIBE Member

Nothing I hear suprises me anymore.

Humans are a plague.

I hope we all die.

16. twist

twist TRIBE Member

see I agree that sharon is not the best guy for the job but the reality is his predecessor was not doing enough to protect his people and his people voted him out. This is similar to the American support for Russia in WWII. Stalin was a complete fucking wacko... but since he was fighting an agressor whos only goal seemed to be to kill as many russians as possible NA loved him off and overlooked all the shady shit.

Why pick up a rock if you know you're not gonna get a fair trial. Why not stay the hell away from that entire situation and force change through peaceful means. It won't take the world very long to get sick of israel if they keep pushing when the other side has fallen (or sat down) It's happened before.

Sure israels fucked up Palestine is as well a different kind of fucked up but fucked up all the same. Most places in that region are. Every country has faceless low wage workers. Immigrants who do most of the dirty work. That's how society has been for thousands of years.

I wouldn't exactly say that israel is a nation built on military and intelligence. Sure they put a lot of money and time into it and they're fucking good at what they do... but that doesn't mean they're a war monger. Although at many times it does appear to be the case.

I can guarantee you that for a large number the use of a rock is because they lack a gun. Even if it is symbollic... what the hell is it doing besides pissing off a bunch of guys with guns and making everyone jumpy? I mean sure its not very nice to have a tank rumble into your neighbourhood... but it's not like the Israelis are just letting go in a hail of armeggedon. You don't like the tanks around... speak out against the people lobbing mortars into settlements. Smack the kid with the sniper rifle and explain to him that he's just gonna get shot and in two years no one will remember his sacrifice because it meant nothing. One chinese student stopped 20 tanks by standing there. The route Palestinians are taking now is one that will only lead to more bloodshed. The israelis aren't helping but even if they or I was wrong in the first place you only take so many shots to the face before you start swinging back.

17. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

....they don;t leave because they were attacked. They were attacked 4 times from Egypt, Jordan and Palistine. In response they said 'fuck you' and took palistinean land.

....which for some reason the palistineans seem more upset about Israel taking 25% of their land then Jordan taking 75%

.....there won;t be peace until one side defeats the other.

dan.

18. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

and that seems acceptable to you?

so, its revenge then..?

v..abstractdatatype

19. Wunderbar

Wunderbar Well-Known Member

I have participated in a Palestinian-Israeli discussion here before and I lost my temper, mainly because of the prevalence of idiotic statements like "they should just kill each other off and end the matter" or one sided arguments that wilfully ignore valid points the other side has to make.

I encourage everyone to be respectful, as many people on this board probably have family and friends in the area.

Basically, the first thing that has to happen is a bilateral end to the violence as proposed by the Mitchell plan. The objective of long term peace is drowned out by sporadic violence and the disproportioante responses. It's a neverending cycle, as the more people that are killed, there is a muliplier effect on the number of people who want revenge.The PLO has to make a sincere and concerted effort to take apart and bring to justice organizations that engage in terror. It's that simple. As long as terrorist organizations are given any credence of respect and recognition [which includes being wilfully blind to their presence] in Palestine, how can we treat their claims to nationhood seriously? On the other end of the scale, the Israeli army is being extremely overaggressive in the way they are reacting to the suicide bombings and they should withdraw from Palestinian controlled territories. I don't think Sharon realizes how he is restrcting the liberty of Palestinians and unduly worsening the situation

In terms of long term peace, I don't know if any border plan will ever be good enough because of the prevalence of extremists on both sides. The only thing that can really sustain peace in the region is a change in attitude among the people, which will force the governments to change their policies. Reason and peace have to subvert blind religious fervor. I think that hardly anyone disputes that there should be two nations. Palestinians and Israelis differ in language, culture, and mentality. And they both have a valid legal title to various parts of the land, although people on both sides will never truly be happy because they want an extreme solution. Some Israelis won't be satisfied until Palestinians are dispursed among other Arab countries and Israel can take over the entire land. Some Palestinians still cling to the notion of driving the Israelis into the sea. It's the moderate voices that need to come to the forefront and negotioate in law,reason, policy and compromise.

20. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Thank youuuu Wunderbar for some sense to this thread. I'm gonna try and keep this short, because too many times discussions over the situation in the mideast turn into religious battles.

But here's what I see anyway:

Arafat and the PLO seems quite happy doing absolutely nothing to curb the terrorism being manifested by many Palestinians. The terrorists see this as the only way to escape a life of humiliation and poverty.
    Somehow terrorists equate blowing up entire families of innocent civillians with freedom, and that couldn't be more wrong. Whenever one of their leaders is assasinated, another wave of suicide bombers straps on some explosives thinking that they're going to make the world a better place.

Meanwhile, Sharon uses every excuse that he can to escalate the violence and to continue with his ultra-aggressive policies that clearly have not, and will not solve the problems there. I don't know why he receives so much support for his actions from the U.S. and some other nations, but I can't see how blowing up PA buildings and Palestinian radio stations is going to stop terrorism when the PA are the ones that he expects to arrest the millitants, not that they even do that anyway.
    Dissent is growing against Sharon (thankfully!) and army reservists now numbering in the hundreds have refused to serve in Palestine because of the conditions there.

My solution: replace both Arafat and Sharon. Replace Arafat with someone more commited to peace and especially action, and replace Sharon with someone more moderate who doesn't seem so intent on wiping out all of Palestine. The U.S. also needs to stop showing so much favourtism to Israel. Bush has met with Sharon 4 or 5 times since he's been in office yet has refused to meet with Arafat even once. The U.S. also needs to recognize that Sharon is just as responsible for the pattern of retaliation after retaliation as the Palestinian terrorists. Right now Sharon seems to think of himself as immune because Bush won't condemn his actions,

The Saudi prince had put forth an excellent peace proposal recently, but it remains to be seen how commited each side will be to it.

As Wunderbar said though, the only way to achieve peace will be through understanding and a change in attitude, no amount of suicide bombings or missile strikes will speed up this process. To believe that peace can only be achieved through force is foolish.

Pete

Last edited: Mar 8, 2002
  21. Pure Silk

Pure Silk TRIBE Member

Here's an Email I got the other day:

What a sad day it is to see such a photo. 3 criminal Israeli
    >>soldiers
    >> > stand by
    >> > each other to take a photo of their kill. If you look closely at
    >>this
    >> > photo, you
    >> > will notice that the kill is not a deer or any other animal but
    >>for a
    >> > human
    >> > being!! This is how much respect these people have for human
    >>life. They
    >> > wonder why Palestinians are behaving the way they do.
    >> >
    >> > Please forward around. The US media will never show such a
    >>photo.
    >> > We need to work together to get these realities exposed.
    >> >
    >> > Please help spreading this photo around to everyone on your
    >>list. To all
    >> > other
    >> > faiths, including Judaism, please help us stop this insanity by
    >>doing
    >> > the same

Attached Files:

22. Evil Dynovac

Evil Dynovac Well-Known Member

Cut the Palastinians a break. They have been playing too much Grand Theft Auto and got carried away when they saw an ambulance.

23. willis

willis TRIBE Member

rofl

24. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

re: Pure Silk's post.

That dead man in the picture was an innocent Palestinian and not a terrorist or suicide bomber, and the soldiers who got busted for taking that trophy shot got a mere slap on the wrist for that, and are still serving as far as I know.

Pete

25. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

You achive peace through surrender. Look at who the US is best allies with: Canada, Britain, Japan, Germany, Russia, Mexico -- all countries that they had wars with, and one side defeated the other quite handedly. Can you give an example of two countries that after decades of fighting negotiated a lasting peace without one side beating the other?

dan.