1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

is there any way to burn a cd from an MD?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mr_Furious, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

taking into consideration the fact that my minidisc player is a portable unit and my cd burner is attached to my computer

I figured you could just rip the MD as you would any normal CD or cassette. What kind of program is best to rip MP3's? and where can I get it from?

2. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

My friend does this all the time.
    I believe he just uses Windows Media Player for all his needs.
    ie. ripping from md to computer, changing to mp3, and then burning onto a cd.

Robbie

3. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I don't think windows media player is capable of that....I'm also using the windows 98 version....

....i'll check it out.....

4. Maui

Maui TRIBE Member

I'm pretty sure it does that.
    but yes you have to upgrade to the new version. you can download it off the net.

Robbie

5. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

I have a portable MD as well... easy enough... plug into the line in of the sound card... start up sound forge... play on the MD... record on sound forge... save as wav or mp3... burn to cd....

toughest part is adjusting the sound levels

6. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

cool, thanks bucky

can i get soundforge from kazaa? and if so, how long does it take to download?

7. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

8. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

cool, thanks again bucky

9. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

You can do it with the free version of Cool Edit too. Just remember to choose the save funtion as one of the two options.