1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us! alexd
    Dismiss Notice

is that little black spot thingy in my egg a miniature chicken?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jun 12, 2009.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

So sometimes when i crack and egg for breakfast in the morning there is a little black spot near the yolk. Normally, I try to excavate it out with a spoon and toss it before frying up my egg. Is it a miniature chicken with a beak and everything? Or is it just a random spot that I don't have to worry about?

Just wondering.
  2. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

This is why I don't eat eggs.
  3. sk8

sk8 TRIBE Member

what you are looking at is probably the germinal disk. It's usually just a depression or slightly discoloured part of the yolk, but can be darker. Its what would develop in to the chick if there was fertilization. Grocery store eggs are unfertilized. If you are buying free-run eggs or right from a farm, there is more chance of fertilization. If there was fertilization there would be red.

I just noticed you said near the yolk... so if it's on the white it's just a random spot.
  4. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

5. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

6. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

ok, ewwwwwww. seriously.
  7. jocelyn dee

jocelyn dee TRIBE Promoter

8. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

definately ewwww, even more ewww since one time i did find a half formed bloody chicken in my egg. I was a firm supporter of free range only eggs til i read what sk8 wrote, not so much anymore, let em suffer in tiny pens while being pecked to death i say~!
  9. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

It's lint from your jeans pocket.
  10. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Damn, you got some chicken in there? I want to know where you got those eggs. Yum!
  11. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I wonder what a baby chicken tastes like...
  12. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

bok bok it just wants love
  13. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

The only issue I have with eggs is that the see-through cartons are not recyclable. So annoying.
  14. Caz

Caz TRIBE Member

Why you gotta kill the baby chickens alex? All they wanted was a side of cole slaw.
  15. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Eat it........................it will make you stronger!
  16. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

You will consume its life force
  17. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

and be able to adopt their special attack like megaman.
  18. djfear

djfear TRIBE Member

Balut is delicious! Or more accurately I ate it in Vietnam so it should be called: Trứng vịt lộn.

Anyway, highly recommended!

19. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

what does it taste like? just like a salty boiled egg?
  20. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

What does it taste like?
    Is it cooked?
  21. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

Umm, that persons fingernail is more disgusting than the egg.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  22. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

if it clucks, punch it in the face.
  23. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

It probably started in a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard thatrats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS.
  24. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

that is fucking disgusting. i dont care if im insulting anyones culture. thats just fucking nasty. enjoy your peaky beaks and buggy eyes and scratchy claws. *Vomit*
  25. coleridge

coleridge TRIBE Member

I bought some PC free run eggs, not those brown eggs, but some other kind I had never seen before a few months ago.

9 of the 12 eggs had blood spots in them. A whole carton of eggs to make one omelet!