Ikea is the devil

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jeremy Jive, Jan 23, 2002.

1. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

I bought my latest BedFrame from there, and I'm happy with it.

But personally the way Ikea is.. is the cheap stuff is that. And their more expensive stuff is at par with any other stuff you get at the Brick, etc.

pr0nstar

2. French Disco Girl

French Disco Girl TRIBE Member

mine is just for show as well [​IMG] though, i did like it when i first got it, and actually found it comfy for reading (but i'm short, im sure that has something to do with the comfortability of the chair in regards to its size). i didnt pay for mine though, the cashier *accidentally* forgot to ring it through, so its no loss on my part [​IMG]

and i agree - ikea instigates evil shopping habits.

3. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

2 hours it took me to assemble that goddamn shelf. [​IMG]

But it was so cheap though. And it was the only shelf that could handle my printer, scanner AND my vast collection of Madonna magazines (no joke).

4. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Don't be dissin' the Brick.

5. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

Hah. Noooooooo booody?

6. starr

starr TRIBE Member

kelly i have that chair too.
    and i actually kind of like it, it's comfy.
    but i didn't pay for it, my mom did (not that it was expensive).

i *heart* ikea, it's just really fun.
    of course urban mode, and other "nice" home furnishing stores are fun too, but i can afford ikea [​IMG]

7. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

IKEA's slightly more expensive lines are actually well put-together, I've found - it's mostly the rock-bottom priced items that are made of pressboard and poorly thought-out fastening systems.

IKEA is Swedish for "out of stock".

<---- decorating the baby's room this weekend with IKEA Stuff.

Oh, and ....
    [​IMG]

...that's my favourite IKEA item - it's the perfect early-morning wakeup light for when a normal light would be too blinding... Very easy on the eyes. I think it's called the COKEHED or something... naw, kidding it's called FJORTON.

8. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

alright, so they don't allow linking. Pfeh.

here.

[​IMG]

9. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Whatever! I own one of those chairs and LOVE it! So comfortable... so lazy... [​IMG]

Pete

10. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

my house is pretty much filled with this shit. it's decent quality (for mostly press-board) and well priced and it looks better than most shit out there found at crappy furniture stores. if i had a choice i'd be buying all my stuff at the furniture stores along king/queen street - especially the italian ones.

off the top of my head, here's what i got:
    • dish, cutlery set and various kitchen crap
    • coffee table
    • couch, sofa, poang chair
    • liquor cabinet
    • foldy metal chairs
    • floating shelves
    • Bedroom (which looks like it belongs in an ikea catalogue):
    • closet organiser thingy
    • bedspread
    • curvy mirrors
    • giant clock
    • lamp
    • side tables

if only i'd get frequent shopping points for all my purchases.

11. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

i am currently having baby fever, so i like it when you talk about the approaching new baby.

12. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

oh yeah, and i like ikea. i've never had a problem with crappy stuff or missing parts.

13. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

btw - this is the most comfortable chair:
    [​IMG]

--craig

14. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

janiecakes - I can go on talking about baby stuff for hours... it's easy when the reality stares you in the face each morning in the form of Christine's smiling belly, full with child...!

heh... Rest assured there will be pictures.

April 20th, people!

15. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

16. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

They are truly divine.

The loading bays also supply hours of entertainment. Nothing like watching someone try to strap a queen-sized bed to the roof of their Kia hatchback, or trying to cut through the twine with their bare teeth not realizing that there's a cutting tool behind the box thingie.

17. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

when we were trying to get a bed and a couch and some other chairs etc. they told us it was a 70$ delivery charge, per item.

damn that hurts.

I don't mind Ikea but I don't know if I could decorate my entire place in IKEA. It all seems kind of stale and not very warm when all put together, but you can find one or two very nice pieces that compliment a room nicely.

Personally I am a fan of the entire stainless steel kitchen.

someday I will be able to afford it.

18. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

whoever told you that, i think was trying to pocket a few bucks.

when i got my couches delivered it was $70-80 total and they said that i could have up to 20 items included in that delivery.

--craig