1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

I think my nose ring is infected....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mingster, Mar 22, 2002.

1. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

But I can't tell if it's just an inflammed black head.
    Which would essentially be a zit on my piercing.
    Too many pores in this area of my body...

I prescribed myself the treatment of just washing it with Bactine twice a day.

Any suggestions?

Ming.

2. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

don't play with it r touch it at all!......it will heal eventually......how long have u had it for? mecca ointment has always worked good on any of my piercings. Maybe change the nose ring?.....

*jen*

3. MalGlo

MalGlo TRIBE Member

Infected Nosering...

Good name for a live dj act:)

hope it dosn't hurt ,.. sorry about biting your nose...

Cheers,
    Dave

4. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

S'ok babe. Sorry about biting your ass. Teeth marks?

I've had it for two months, but it doens't seem to be healing quick enough. Everytime I try to change it, it bleeds.

Ming.

5. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

thats the problem then my dear :) u can't change it until it's fully healed. seriously get some mecca ointment - from shoppers, it's a little orange tin. Aplly it on with a q-tip whenever its sore! the cold could be affecting it right now also.

*jen*

6. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

Yeah, what the other Jen said. You shouldn't be trying to change it until you've had it for at least 6 months (what my piercer said). Unfortunately when I got mine in 1994, I was working a shitty customer service job and I had to take it out after a week. Ohmigod...we're talking major infection and it would start to close after only being out for a few hours. So yes, don't touch it!

~jen

7. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

[img - skinny dirty boy with finger in nose]

QUIT PICKIN' YERR NOSE!

--craig

8. stargurl*

stargurl* TRIBE Member

8oz hot water, 1/4 teaspoon salt (salt w/out iodine is best)

soak your piercing in this a couple times a day

it'll feel great and help fix it up

9. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Thx. I'll try that. :)

10. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

I would go see a dermatologist.

I had a similar problem with my nosering about 6 months after I got it pierced. As it turned out, I had a keloid (bubbling of the skin from a scar). My dermatologist prescribed me some antibiotic cream and the keloid eventually disappeared, never to reurn again.

Peace,

Sabina

.:. Share what you know, learn what you don't .:.

11. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

I got rid of a keloid on my ear by rubbing pure vitamin e on it (as recommended by my piercer).

In my experience it was a hard-ish bump right around the top piercing (it was an industrial).

The rec.arts.bodyart FAQ might help...

http://www.experiencethebeauty.com/rab-faq.html

~jen

12. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Any idea how I can tell the difference?
    I don't wanna run to a dermatoogist if it's just a zit....
    I guess I should just see if it goes away.

Thanks for the info, I ever thought of that.

Ming.

13. rejenerate

rejenerate TRIBE Member

Duh. I also forgot to say, go to your piercer, if you're really concerned.

~jen

14. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

Sill yprobably uneccessary reminder, it sucks but if you normally put makeup on your nose, don't!

As Aimee said salt water is the totally perfect natural cure, but dipping your nose in it feels stupid. (especially my nipple ring!!)

Rob

15. bitchass

bitchass TRIBE Member

Bactine is the worst for piercings! Just use an antibacterial soap! Bactine dries out everything it touches and then it cracks and gets worse.

I've used a product called Dr Bronners magic hemp soap (tea tree or lavender) for the last couple years and had no problems.

I also use it every day for shaving my face.

16. joey

joey TRIBE Member

YOU'RE INFECTED!!!

17. cosmic

cosmic TRIBE Member

jus make sure if it doesnt heal in the next week or so to definately see a dermatologist or even a family doctor.....get some sort of antibiotics....

i had an infection when i got an eyebrow ring.....i tried everything, finally it fell out at night and i didnt bother putting it in again, even though i took care of it while it was healing i have a gross scar now =(

18. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

my prince albert is infected.

19. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

I have had just about everything pierced but I no longer wear any facial piercings. Anyhow, I recommend NO ointment and wash with anti-bacterial soap such as Dial. I am friends with a lot of the piercers at New Tribe and they will tell you the same.

Peace, Maxine

20. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Bitchass and some good advice as well.

Peace, Maxine

21. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Oh oh!! I have some girlie piercings down there too and they healed in about 2 days. Genital piercings are the fasting healing piercings because there is so much blood flow/circulation, which triggers it to heal very quickly. All you can do is just keep washing with acti-bacterial or tea tree oil soap. That should heal your infection. If it doesn't go back to your piercer. Good Luck!!

22. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Oops I ment- had some good advice!!:D

23. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

She was kidding, sunkist I mean... :D

...unless there's something we dont know.

Pete

24. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

My werd!!!.........I'm so embarrassed!!!LOL

25. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

that is so sweet, I'm running to my mp3.com site to change my name as we speak!