1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

i have a blister on the foot that wont go away

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Special K, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

its been there on the side of my foot for like a couple of weeks now wtf

how do i get rid of it?

2. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

beer cures everything
  3. grounded4life

grounded4life TRIBE Member

is it a blister or a wart? if its a blister your shoe could be agravating it so that it won't go away... try to wear something less fitting on your foot. But you can also get those scholls blister things to put on your foot as well.
  4. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

thanks. off to shoppers drug mart me goes.
  5. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

cut it out of your foot
  6. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

Pop it.
  7. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Sterilize a needle by holding it under a flame for a few seconds, then wipe down the needle with rubbing alcohol. Insert the needle into the blister, not at the top, but instead at the side, near where the blister emerges as skin cells in this area are least ruptured. Allow the fluid to drain out. Don't tear off the now unswollen skin. Wipe down area with rubbing alcohol.

The pressure of the fluid underneath the skin is what causes the pain. However if you tear off the top of the blister, it will then hurt because of the now open wound.
  8. littlejon

littlejon TRIBE Member

also, don't go rollerskating.
  9. grounded4life

That's the worst thing to do for a blister. That's supposed to help heal the blister. Bad bad bad. Never pop a blister unless it pops on it's own
  10. grounded4life

1. Clean the skin around the blister.

2. Place a doughnut-shaped piece of moleskin over the blister. This will keep pressure off it.

3. Try to avoid popping the blister unless it's in an especially awkward place, such as the bottom of your foot. The blister provides a sterile environment for the skin underneath. Breaking it makes the area more susceptible to infection.

4. If you need to pop the blister, use sterile implements, puncture it in a few places at its base and drain the fluid.

5. If you need to puncture it or if it breaks on its own, clean the area with soap and water or Betadine.

6. Avoid peeling any skin off the blister; this can lead to an infection and delay healing.

7. Cover the exposed blister with a thin layer of antibiotic ointment and dry sterile gauze.

8. Change the gauze regularly and watch for signs of infection, such as pus or redness.

If the infection from a blister doesn't clear up quickly, your doctor may want to prescribe antibiotics.
  11. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

NEVER pop a blister
    pad it and let it go down on its own
    i used to snowshoe,and blisters were a part of life....never pop it
  12. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

poke a straw in and drink it!
  13. grounded4life

The fluid does not cause the pain. That's what helps heal the blister. The pain is caused my the raw skin that's exposed. It's a friction burn.
  14. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Cook it down then smoke the resulting rocks

I see you did your PhD in blisterology!
  15. SweatyNuts

SweatyNuts TRIBE Member

stop using your foot so much, then it'll go away. shit.
  16. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I take a fresh scalpel blade and slice along the side of it.
    Then I bandaid it up until it heals.
  17. Ninjetta

Ninjetta TRIBE Member

use the elastoplast bandaids with silver. pure genius.
  18. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

cut the entire thing out of your foot, bandage with duct tape for 2 weeks
  19. nawberry

nawberry TRIBE Member

My advice is to seek advice through an internet message board.
  20. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

Does your foot look like this? :eek: If you have had it for a couple of weeks....I would suggest for you to stop going to parties that involve electronic music and dancing.

Who has a straw?
  21. littlejon

littlejon TRIBE Member

yeah, those puffy pandages filled with medicine are the best.
    and i can not stress enough that rollerskating is a bad idea.
  22. quantumize

quantumize TRIBE Member

i concur
  23. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

*barfs after looking at that picture*