I hate being a girl once in a month! -seeking some solutions to PMS-

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mystique0217, Mar 5, 2002.

1. mystique0217

mystique0217 TRIBE Member

hey girls.
    i think you all know what i mean.
    mine is pretty bad..
    and i think it has something to do with my body
    not growing when it was supposed to do so..
    (during my highschool, i had no menstrul cycle
    due to myself engaged in hardcore sports..)

anyway, i always get
    my boobies swollen..like it hurts..
    i get acne problem as though my body is
    trying to get rid of toxins out of my skin! lol
    and my emotion seems to go down
    and i become a grumpy or whiner..bitch.
    i always cry during this period either i am fuck happy or
    i am fucking hate myself..lol

i take this medication that my mom
    recommended me to take..
    basically, it is made of all these chinese herbs..

supposedly to ease my symptoms and what not..

and i have come to question:

what do you all girls in canada do for this problem?

other than taking medication,
    i try to do my work out to keep my stress away from my system..
    try to drink lots of water so that my natural cleasing of my system would take place better than without..
    i try to eat healthy..

but i still get symptoms..

share me something that works for ya? let me know.

peace

-Kumi

p.s.
    thanks girls!

2. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

I find it releaves alot of tension when you take it out on a guy you care about when he is not expecting it.

It always seems to work for all the girls I know.

Nick

3. TheLiquidFairy

TheLiquidFairy TRIBE Member

Get put on birth control by your doctor. It may take a few tries to see which one is best, but for now it's the only other choice.

Stomach crunches promote better circulation to ease cramps and what not, it work sometimes.
    And lots of ibuprofen or midol. Or as a friend of mine would do..both..oi!

I have a friend who gets it as bad as you and I've told her to just go to a doctor to get put on birth control.

XXX
    Marian
    :p

4. mystique0217

mairan, thanks for your message..but
    i HATE the birth control pills..
    :/
    so i do not wanna go into that path..
    somehow, i just do not agree with the fact that
    you put more hormones into your body than your own
    body releasing it..

i know it would be kinds sweet cause:
    -you are having birth control..
    -i may have less problems with my acnes..

but i would not want to do something that would make me lose the sense of *being myself*..

i am a masculine thinker..so i feel weird..when i get more emotional crap than i already need..

you know what i mean?

is there any girls who stay off from the pills and try to take care of their system and cycle?

5. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA

6. TheLiquidFairy

TheLiquidFairy TRIBE Member

I understand what you're saying.

Try talking to different gyno's and/or herbalists [preferably Chinese herbalists.. they seem to know a lot since it's an ancient practice].

My friend who gets bad cramps just resorts to putting up with it during each cycle...
    but talk to a gyno, they should be able to help.

XXX
    Marian
    :p

7. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

OMG Kumi, e-mail me!!
    I swear we are going throught the exact same thing!

*sigh*

Maybe it have something to do with short, smiley girls who like to dance! *laughs*

I feel your pain babe, like SERIOUSLY.

Joanna :)

8. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

hey kumi-san, some tried and tested tips for cramps or generally feeling icky:

A hot bath, putting your feet up
    A hot water bottle in bed
    Exercise is surprisingly great - releases pain killing endorphins and gets your muscles to relax a bit with the blood circulation
    Drink lots of water (which you said you already do) - Your body is trying to retain water so the more you drink the less it will retain, on that note avoid salts and simple carbs as much as possible (things like white bread or pasta, whole-weat grains and fruits and veggies are good for you)

If you want a medication to take I recommend advil - because there's an igredient in there that's a muscle relaxant so it works bettert then the other ones on the market because it's NOT just a pain killer
    Green tea (this might just be me ;) )
    I try yoga or massage
    Take extra magnesium and a multivitamin-and-mineral supplement and extra vitamin E.

hope this helps :)

~allie~

9. mystique0217

thanks allie for the tips :)
    i feel brightened and feel all happy now..lol

Joanna~ i have sent you a couple private messages ;)
    and marian..i am seriously thinking about hitting *i am the chinese doctor!* lady (supposedly, there is one in china town who always speaks that with some chinese accent..)

10. Doll

Doll TRIBE Member

The only thing I can add to the other replies is ensuring your digestive system/bowels are free and clean. Try drinking a cup of mild senna (steep with the real leaves which can be found in any orgranic health food store), every day for about 5 days before your period is due for the first couple times. If too much cleaning is taking place, change to 2/3 days before your period. You'd be surprised how much of the bloating, cramping this will eleviate. Not only do you get rid of extra toxins before your PMS, but you make extra room for the swelling. I know many people who had wicked PMS symptoms and after a treatment of colonics are much, much better. I'm not saying to have this done, but after the treatment, you only have to drink senna 2/3 days before your period and it keeps the PMS symptoms to a minimum.

Doll

11. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

"Never trust anything that bleeds for 3 days and doesn't die" :D

This is one reason I'm glad to be a man. I feel for your females on this issue...

pr0nstar

12. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

I'm staying away fromt he pill now too--I was one it for years, andit was great having much less pain, and knowing the exact starting and stopping times of my cycle, but I do feel more emotionally stable without it--and at least when I start bitching at my friends I can say "Hey, I'm bitchy cause I'm in a lot of pain" and that's a valid excuse! I did have a bottle of anaprox, which completely dealth witht he pain when it got too bad, so if you do want to have hard drugs--non-herbal, but one shot at a time deal, unlike the pill--then you could ask your doctor about Anaprox (aka Naproxen.)

Here's a wierd question that I've wanted to ask girls who party--if I dose when I'm on my period, it stops. It doesn't start again for a full day after either. this happened on New years, and a couple of times before. Does e mess up anyone elses menstrual cycles?

D.

13. deep

deep TRIBE Member

multiple orgasms

14. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

3?! must be nice...

Kumi i hear ya...i was just laying in my bed complaining about cramps and a sore back and sore boobs and everything else...stupid being a girl... :(
    atleast we can suffer together...misery loves company :)

15. mystique0217

oh wow..
    i know that senna makes you to go to washroom,,but
    would it not damage your natural intestine functions?

it makes sense it is a good thing to do so that
    you would have less problems with acnes..

i have a question though.
    do any of your girls take those PMS pills you can get from
    the herbal stores? and do they actually work?

16. mystique0217

sunkist< yeah, i know!
    i should not be a whiner..but it is not normal-and the pain frustrates me! lol

about e during menstral cycle thingy though,
    i am sorry, i can not help you trying to come up with an answer, girl.

i really wonder if there is any answer available online though..

17. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Tantra?

18. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

:confused:

19. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

masturbation, sex or anything orgasm-inducing will temporarily relieve menstrual cramps.

trust sista.

20. Finch

Finch TRIBE Member

Deep's not wrong.

The muscle contractions that occur during an orgasm, combined with the increase in bloodflow to the pelvic area when aroused, help relieve cramping due to mensturation.

Or at least that's what I've been told by several girls, and what some books I read said too.

And you just had an orgasm! How could you be in a really bad mood?

2 birds....one stone.

Finch.

21. mystique0217

sorry, i forgot to mention that *that* part of the message was for Lysistrata!

SOrrY!

22. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry for confusing people. It could of course, be purely psychosomatic or something. I hope your cramps get better! If you haven't already,. you shoudl get a heating pad--especially one that vibrates. They feel ever so nice on miserable crampiness

23. Doll

Doll TRIBE Member

No and probably not, imo. Just another thing to make you spend your money. There is actually no scientific proof that Vitamin E or Evening Primose actually helps with PMS. It can't hurt as an overall healthy addition to your diet, but personally I don't find they make a difference.

I think it's a trial and error. I've tried and found what works best for my body. My periods are shorter, lighter and less painful since I've "cleaned" myself out. If yours are really that bad, then I suggest to try everyone's suggestions. You only have about another 360 periods to test the theories!

Oh, and yes, my periods do "suspend or stop" when I've taken a lot of drugs (stayed awake for long periods, excessive dancing), but always come back to normal the next month.

Doll

24. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Including, but not limited to :)

25. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Uhm, seeing as I won't have my vagina until next week's operation, why not get a prescription for muscle relaxants from your doc? Or atleast try out some robaxacet. The last conversation I had with a head of pharmacology, he said that he actually prefers robaxacet to prescription muscle relaxants, although I haven't had any problems with the latter. Maybe they'd help with the cramps.

Magnesium as well - it's the main ion in the body responsible for muscle relaxation, upping your levels could help. FYI, calcium is the main contractile ion, and since most women pay attention to their calcium intake it might help to back off when the cramps are bad.

Also, multiple orgasms.