1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

i-Dance Press Release No. 1 (Intro and CD Release)

Discussion in 'Roll Calls' started by Klubmasta Will, Jul 19, 2000.

1. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

this is what i put together with excerpts from carey's piece as well as things written by ckln and torontojungle.com.

mitchel raphael has already read it and given comments which i have incorporated. bob gallagher is in the process of doing the same.

we plan to release this immediately and also to insert it into the cd cases.

------- ------- ------- ------- -------
    IT’S ABOUT FREEDOM TO DANCE

i-Dance Rally
    Tuesday, August 1, 2000
    5 pm – 10 pm
    Nathan Phillips Sq, Toronto

After months of being under fire, Toronto’s Rave and Electronic Music Community has rallied together to fight for our freedom to dance. We will no longer tolerate the political lies and unfair scrutiny. We will no longer accept the blatant misrepresentation of our culture by misinformed media and by those in positions of power. We will no longer put up with the ramblings of a Mayor and a Police Chief who are so obviously out of touch with today’s youth.

On Tuesday, August 1, our united voice will be heard.

Please join us as Toronto’s Electronic Music Community celebrates one of the most vibrant and respected party scenes in the world. Already being hailed as the most important electronic music event in the history of the country, the i-Dance message will be heard around the world.

Supporters all over North America are organising busses and sending donations as they recognise that the outcome of the Rally will affect the treatment of raves in their own cities.

Speakers at the Rally will include politicians, business owners, musicians, youth activists, concerned community groups and a variety of others associated with Toronto’s rave scene.

Music will be provided by some of the world’s top DJs including international superstars Bad Boy Bill (Chicago), Derrick Carter (Chicago), Jumping Jack Frost (UK), Ed Rush (UK), Matrix (UK), Miss Honey Dijon (New York City) and Dynamite MC (UK) alongside Toronto favourites Kenny Glasgow, Anabolic Frolic, Dr. Trance and MC Flipside.

We have strategically scheduled the Rally the day before City Council re-visits the rave issue (on August 2nd) and on a day on which City Council will be in session! Join the fun on August 1st as thousands of ravers descend on Nathan Phillips Square to fight for their Freedom to Dance!

I-DANCE CD RELEASE

To commemorate this historic event, MC Flipside and Snug Clothing have produced a CD containing 8 original tracks. The artists are all renowned Canadian electronic music producers and the tracks themselves contain actual excerpts from City Council meetings and from outrageous speeches made by the Mayor and the Police Chief. These historic songs will clearly illustrate the hypocrisy and unfair rhetoric that has plagued Toronto’s rave scene this past year.

We will be holding a special press conference on  at  to play the CD for the media and to answer questions about the i-Dance Rally. A limited number of CDs will be available to media at the press conference.

If you have any questions, please contact:

Will Chang (416) 865-7857
    AlexD <INSERT>
    Victoria Shen <INSERT>

2. Klubmasta Will

after some additional discussions with bob gallagher, here is the final copy. we are releasing a press release focusing on the cd. this will be distributed via olivia chow's fax list. the liner contained in the cd case will be the press release discussing the i-dance rally. this will ensure that people hold onto the press release (as they are less likely to throw it away).

------- ------- ------- ------- -------[PRESS RELEASE]

for immediate release
    July 20, 2000

Ravers produce CD mocking Mayor Mel and Chief Fantino

Mel & Julien's voice on CD celebrating Aug. 1st rave on Nathan Phillip's Sq.

To commemorate the historic event of a rave on Nathan Phillips Square, MC Flipside and Snug Clothing have produced a rave-style CD entitled "It’s About Freedom to Dance". The CD, defending rave culture, contains 7 original tracks showcasing different styles of electronic music.

The CD is a fundraiser for the i-Dance Rally set to take place on August 1st at Nathan Phillips Square and promises to be a Toronto hit.

The tracks themselves contain actual excerpts from City Council meetings and from outrageous speeches made by the Mayor and the Police Chief. These historic songs clearly illustrate the hypocrisy and unfair rhetoric plaguing Toronto's rave scene. The artists, all renowned Canadian electronic music producers, have been inspired by the banter of Toronto's politicians.

The i-Dance Rally is a chance for Toronto's rave and electronic music community to rally together in their fight for 'the freedom to dance'. After months of being under fire by politicians, the community will no longer accept the blatant misrepresentation of its culture by those in positions of power.

The i-Dance Rally will celebrate one of the most vibrant and respected party scenes in the world. It is already being hailed as the most important electronic music event in the history of this country. Speakers at the Rally include politicians, business owners, musicians, youth activists, concerned community groups and those associated with Toronto's rave scene.

A media conference on Friday, July 21 will distribute and play the CD for the media and will answer questions about the i-Dance Rally. Copies of the CD will be available for media.

Media Conference
    Launching Rave CD and announcing Rave Rally

Friday July 21st 10:00 am
    Turbo Niteclub, 360 Adelaide St W

For more info:

------- ------- ------- ------- -------[CD LINER]

IT’S ABOUT FREEDOM TO DANCE

i-Dance Rally
    Tuesday, August 1, 2000
    5 pm – 10 pm
    Nathan Phillips Sq, Toronto

After months of being under fire, Toronto’s Rave and Electronic Music Community has rallied together to fight for our freedom to dance. We will no longer tolerate the political lies and unfair scrutiny. We will no longer accept the blatant misrepresentation of our culture by misinformed media and by those in positions of power. We will no longer put up with the ramblings of a Mayor and a Police Chief who are so obviously out of touch with today’s youth.

On Tuesday, August 1, our united voice will be heard.

Please join us as Toronto’s Electronic Music Community celebrates one of the most vibrant and respected party scenes in the world. Already being hailed as the most important electronic music event in the history of the country, the i-Dance message will be heard around the world.

Supporters all over North America are organising busses and sending donations as they recognise that the outcome of the Rally will affect the treatment of raves in their own cities.

Speakers at the Rally will include politicians, business owners, musicians, youth activists, concerned community groups and those associated with Toronto’s rave scene.

Music will be provided by some of the world’s top DJs including international superstars Bad Boy Bill (Chicago), Derrick Carter (Chicago), Jumping Jack Frost (UK), Ed Rush (UK), Matrix (UK), Miss Honey Dijon (New York City) and Dynamite MC (UK) alongside Toronto favourites Kenny Glasgow, Anabolic Frolic, Dr. Trance and MC Flipside.

We have strategically scheduled the Rally the day before City Council re-visits the rave issue (on August 2nd) and on a day on which City Council will be in session! Join the fun on August 1st as thousands of ravers descend on Nathan Phillips Square to fight for their Freedom to Dance!

SEE YOU ON AUGUST 1st

If you have any questions, please contact:

Will Chang <INSERT NUMBERS>
    AlexD
    Victoria Shen

3. Klubmasta Will

oops, that's "julian"