I am Pest

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by PosTMOd, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

Tribe is like a TV show in many ways, tons of distinct personalities interacting. Liking , and not liking and making fun of each other. Pest has just taken on the role of the characteristic doofus, like Sea and unique2001 did in the past.

I for one find the board more amusing with him on it. But I take everything in life with a grain of salt.

~allie~

2. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

You are both un-edumacated. Quotations are generally preceded by a COMMA when embedded in a sentence:

That should actually be, "It's grammar like this......."

3. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Okay you win. Your grammar is better than mine. But I have better hair.

jeremy -I lose- jive

4. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I don't wanna get in the middle of this....but i'd just like to make a point...

you're on the internet....it doesn't take THAT much courage to voice your opinions. Plus, your identity is completely anonymous making it much easier to do so.

The internet has given everyone a voice, coincidentally not everyone with a voice deserves to be heard.
    (not directed at you)

5. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

By the way

I have no problem with mockery on a message board when *responding* to people you dislike or disagree with. However, starting a entirely new thread for the same purpose is totally unnecessary.

Therefore, I strongly encourage everyone to hijack this thread with a vigourous debate over grammar. :)

6. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

But that's just YOUR opinion.

Maybe if we lived in a perfect world, we can choose to only hear the voices of those we like - but life just doesn't work that way, does it?

we all go through the same shit, it's our attitude towards it, how we choose to ACT towards it that makes all the difference.

7. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

You guys know how to waste my time...:)

Rickardio Belmiro de la Cruz...

8. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

Only if the quotation is following the form of to say.

No, we both win. Our argument was much better than the Pest one.

--craig

9. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Well thank you. I take pride in that comment.

jeremy -glad to be of service- jive

10. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I was just reffering to people making slanderous remarks with impunity. I didn't articulate my point correctly.

Since i've been on here i've tried to treat everybody with the same mount of respect that they deserve.

I think the big issue here is that people are pointing fingers and nobody really has the god given right to do so....

Its a question of morals and who's right and who's wrong. When really,.....the internet is a meduim where there's no such thing as right or wrong. One person might say that *Pests* conduct on this board was very un-necessary and unacceptable but yet unavoidable, but yet as a human being he has the right to do so. Another person might say that PosTMOd's reaction to the *Pest* was completely un-called for and that it wasn't justified at all, but yet, as human being he also has the right to do so.....Then a third party will jump into this jumping down EVERYONE's throats saying that everyone should just quit their bitching.

To me it seems, any attempt to make anyone see point around here just seems futile. I don't think anyone was clearly in the wrong (although I have no clue what actually happened :p). I'm just trying to express a completely un-biased opinion.

.....unfortunately it seems that this situation doesn't have a clear cut right or wrong answer......

11. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

Well, well, well.

Perhaps I shall give the poor sap another chance. Hell, I gave him many chances... and EVERYTHING he wrote was so moronic, I kept thinking he belonged on the Hulla board ;)

So, sure, I'll take him off the ignore list... maybe I've missed something (doubtful) in the last few weeks of him being on there.

But, you can well imagine how I might react when he writes something stupid if this is how I react without even reading his shit. My reaction-- immmature, too much, whatever-- is only in response to people's responses. Makes life a little more interesting, ya know? I don't even think it's mean: it's not as if he wasn't asking for it. Ask, and ye shall receive.

Another chance, kid... and I don't mean that to sound as patronizing as it does. I know you want to write "I don't care" or whatever it is, but just don't. If you were here in front of me, Pest, I would even give your hand a little shake just to be gentlemanly.