Hugest European conspiracy just uncovered...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by PosTMOd, Mar 9, 2002.

1. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Dan is a golden God.

yes. yes he is.

2. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

That's the second thread you've said that.
    What the...?

3. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Hugest European conspiracy just uncovered...

boo, you're thinking of mary robinson, who is now the united nations high commissioner of human rights. she was ireland's president until '97 (i think).

mary mcaleese is the current president and she's nowhere near as cool as mary robinson. in fact, mary robinson would probably punch mary mcaleese in the junk.

4. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

!???????????????!!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

this is beyond words. you are having spaz because he listed christian nations and their leaders. period. nothing more. obviously in response to a series of bigotted comments in other threads?

nobody (in this thread) is picking on christians.

either you are joking, in which case...hahahahaha pretty funny....now everybody thinks that you're the dumbest person who posts here....that's funny in itself.

or, you are the dumbest person who posts here.

is there a word for a negative amount of respect? because that is what i feel for you.

YOU ARE A SPAZ.
    and a turnip

5. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Ummmm ... why did everyone allow this glaring error to go unnoticed?

If you were talking about the MEDIAN IQ, then your statement would be correct. Tisk tisk. Please join the back of the line. :)

6. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

What about the Andorians?

7. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

I.Q. scores follow a normal distribution, therefore it is also true for the mean.

*boots AdRiaN to the back*

8. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

Well......at least George W Bush is smart enough to know that when looking through a pair of binoculars, one should take the lens caps off first....
    .....which is apparently more that Bill Clinton knows.........

dan.

Attached Files:

9. PosTMOd

Lens cap is off, as far as I can tell.

On the other hand, Bush is looking through the wrong end, wondering why everything is so small.

10. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

protestants: people who created their own religion becuase they forgot that they could break the rules of the religion, and then go to confession.

silly protestants. :p

11. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Postmod is WRONG

From http://www.apa.org/journals/bell.html

Does the distribution of IQs follow a bell curve?

The distribution of IQ test scores cannot be expected to follow a bell curve unless it is constructed by the tester to do so (Dorfman, 1978). The shape of the distribution of IQ test scores will depend on the average difficulty of the test items as well as their intercorrelations. The high item intercorrelations in IQ tests imply that the IQ distribution can take a variety of shapes. The central limit theorem does not apply to random variables with positive intercorrelations (Lamperti, 1966). Frederic Lord (1952), one of the fathers of modern test theory and former president of the Psychometric Society, gave results on this question: "The results given are sufficient to show that the distribution of test scores cannot in general be expected to be normal, or even approximately normal. The question naturally arises as to what possible shapes the frequency distribution fs, as given in (76) [Lord's Equation (76)], may assume. The answer is that this function may assume any shape whatsoever, provided the item intercorrelations are sufficiently high" (Lord, 1952, pp. 32-33). The symbol fs refers to the distribution of test scores.

Nice try, though!

12. Loopster

Loopster TRIBE Member

Wowee!! *Somebody's* paying attention. As a sidenote to all this highly philosophical (though unintended) discussion, this was hilarious!!

Notwithstanding the hot debate of who's a turnip (Fucking Vegetables!??? I love that!) & who's a sheep, I hereby vote PosTMOd as Grand Defender of Satire everywhere ...

& to answer the Q: yes - some of us *have* heard of satire & are more than mildly amused.

;)

13. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

yes but, what about the chicken and the egg? *the chicken and the egg*?!?!?!

(and the andorians. i'd like to know what they are.)

*muah*
    ~N

14. PosTMOd

Re: Postmod is WRONG

Wasn't it? ;)

Good link... points out the inherent bullshitidy of IQ. The term doesn't really mean much at all.

There is such a thing as intelligence. However, measuring it in a standardized fashion is completely bogus, since "it" is a gestalt that can't be broken down and quantified.

But, for fun, let's pretend that there is an ideal measurement of overall intelligence, and that the said ideal is quantified and observed to follow a normal distribution. In this fanciful, fun, fucked-up world (the very same adjectives I use for the "real" world), half the population is below average intelligence.

As for Nat... ionno, nuttin' came first, dats what I been taught. Taught. Taught all, oh gee.

*disclaimer: above thoughts written while under the influence of konsonants (beware of hole)

15. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

actually, from an evolutionary perspective, the egg must have come first. as the vessal containing the offspring of the immediate evolutionary predecessor to the chicken. :)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey my lil' darwin', you're an egg.

17. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Postmod is WRONG

I remember reading somewhere a while ago about correlating intelligence with the time it takes electrochemical impulses to pass through synapses in one's brain....it is supposedly a pretty good measure of intelligence.

......I forgot where it was though, so I have no idea where the link is........

dan.

18. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

....I wonder what was going through the head of the very first animal that ever laid an egg....

.....I mean to just look down and see a big white shell come out of you........
    ......it must been going like 'whoa....duuuudes...check out this shit, yo bitch!'
    ......or...something along those lines....

dan.

19. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

^^^
    "check out this shit"

the same goes for the animal that first shat.

mmmm.... original shat......

bl├╝mchen++;