Historical Concert

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Magnolia Fan, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

oh and the TOOL concert that just happened a while back, edgefest was great, but I needed more.

hehe

2. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

- toronto island airport party, for sure.

- sisters of mercy at massey hall in '91

3. stretchandhooker

stretchandhooker TRIBE Promoter

" Rumble in the Jungle "
    and Alex D was in attendance !
    Talk about being one of the fortunate !
    respect,
    s.

4. Hal-9000

Hal-9000 TRIBE Member

I would have liked to have been in attendance at this club in London called The Bag O' Nails in winter of '67. It was a club that all the famous musicians of the time hung around in: the Beatles, Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton and so on.

On this particular night, a trio was being showcased that was fronted by an American guitarist and talk of his virtuosity and unique futuristic-blues sound had quickly spread throughout London's scene and in-crowd. His name was Jimi Hendrix.

With all of rock and roll's royalty in attendance, Jimi Hendrix and his new band The Experience tore through their set and blew the heads off everyone. Eric Clapton and Pete Townshend (arguably two of the best guitarists of the time) were awed and humbled at this guy's playing, nobody had seen a performer like this before; he played behind his back, with his teeth, he humped his guitar and amplifier. For an encore he played a cover of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club" (in front of The Beatles!!), yet the album had only come out the previous week(!!). From that point on Jimi Hendrix was a star.

Truely a legendary show.

5. InFa

InFa TRIBE Member

I third the Bob nodd.

'One good thing about music... '

6. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

Pink Floyd - The Wall
    Band Aid
    Tibetan Freedom Concert (mike dood i still have your cd of that)

=tina=

7. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

Pearl Jam @ The Off Ramp in Seatle back in 1990 or 1991?
    It was the first show they played together under the name Pearl Jam

stu

8. Magnolia Fan

Magnolia Fan TRIBE Member

yes, yes you do... and my clerks video... I've gone crazy without judge reinhold... and the korean animation... 'oh no, who's driving' 'oh no, bears driving' 'how can that be?'

9. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

actually, in a couple of books that i've read, the band says that these shows were only of lacklustre quality in comparison to others. but i'd have to agree with seeing zep -- sometime around the 'houses of the holy' period i suppose.

as well as any band featuring miles davis between 1955 and 1980.

woodstock is another solid pick. i always wanted to see the ramones, and never got to. same with black flag.

i'm sure there are thousands of others, but my brain is shutting down.