1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Hey Hali - WASSUP???!??

Discussion in 'Downtempo Room' started by MisterJacques, Oct 31, 2000.

1. MisterJacques

MisterJacques TRIBE Member

This past weekend (27 - 29 OCT 2000), I - a Torontonian - was in your fair city for a naval reserve refresher course.

As a naval reservist, I consider Hali like a second home - good restaurants, great parks, excellent peoples, righteous vibes. Consider it as a love-hate relationship, if you will.

Yes, there are some places that are lame or overused with even lamer music (LiquorDome, anyone?), and of course the occasional drunken redneck here and there, but I could never shake that Nova Scotia charm (and its Alexander Keith aftertaste).

My weekend there could've been a bit better. The weather could've been a lot less wetter. But at least I had my King of Donairs fix at the right moment.

Anyways, I'm just letting you, the Hali massive, know that I might be heading your way in the next few months. I wonder if there is a jungle/dnb scene brewing? If there isn't, maybe there should be one. Either way, you guys should start posting on the main (i.e. "Jungle", "Events") forums on the board just to let everyone know that you do have a scene.

Take care, y'all.

Peace out. [​IMG]

2. nwright

nwright TRIBE Member

Jungle scene?
    afraid not my friend. Just disco house and minimalistic techno.

3. Faceless

Faceless TRIBE Member

KOD oh my gawd I havn't had a donair since august...... =( I miss all the grease I really do. Damn toronto, they don't have any real after hour snack foods that compare.

HFX UP IN IT!!!!

4. Pat Winter

Pat Winter TRIBE Member

Hahahaha Pizza Corner is like cracktown for drunken clubbers....

5. Pat Winter

Pat Winter TRIBE Member

There is so a jungle scene. It's not big like T.O.'s but there is a large amount of talent here, such as
    Andy Haigh
    Dol-B
    Area 26 a.k.a. Sammy D & Ming
    N.A.B.
    Kinder
    Cam Harding
    etc etc.....

6. Faceless

Faceless TRIBE Member

Pizza corner is like the second best place for after hour entertainment. Where else can you see drunken "clubbers" beat the snot outta each other with snack food present. [​IMG]

7. MisterJacques

"Faceless" said...

What can I say? That's why I love Halifax.

Big up Musquodoboit massive!

Peace out. [​IMG]

8. Pat Winter

Pat Winter TRIBE Member

Musquodoboit heh. There was a trance party there, at the community center. Christopher Lawrence and Chris Liberator i think...that party was a catalyst for the city's crusade against raves..there was a 13 year old kid that o.d.'d i think (don't take my word for it though, I didn't live hear then....)

9. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! No d'nb scene in Hali? Yo I was hangin with my boy early summer, Chunk Rox, and he was sayin that there is too a scene in Hali, but it's still pretty small. He spins jump up and he had a slot in jungle nite somewhere in town.

flea [​IMG]

P.S stop knockin the liquordome. $1 bar drinks on a sunday nite is a nice 'distraction' every now and then. [​IMG]

10. Pat Winter

Pat Winter TRIBE Member

CHUNK ROK! Man, that dude was in a STATE last friday (for a *gasp* DRUM'N'BASS show with montreal's Spinal & MC Sylla) and i think he may have had a LITTLE too much to drink. That guy's hilarious though, wikked guy from how much i know him (which isn't that much, it seems that whenever we meet up one, or both of us is drunk)

11. MisterJacques

Yo... I received notice that I won't be in your city. Instead, I'll be heading over to the Wet - er - West COast for my Navy training.

I still love Halifax. Maybe they'll post me back there in the future.

Big up Musquodoboit!
    Peace out. [​IMG]