1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

help me procrastinate for another 23 hours?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SlipperyPete, Apr 2, 2002.

1. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I have a presentation at 4 PM tomorrow, and I'm bored with it. I should prolly write some stuff down to 'organize my thoughts', but what the hell is up with that? Some doctor or something says that thought organization is good for clear thinking and logical flow of ideas, but I think it's a load of malarkey. I think it would be an interesting sociological experiment to stand up in front of my class and ramble away senselessly for 10-15 minutes, don'tcha think? If you agree, then help me procrastinate!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2. deep

deep TRIBE Member

I am unparalleled at greasing through a presentation with zero prep

3. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Seriously, just play MOH

4. SlipperyPete

yeah, but my presentation isn't on the manufacture, distribution and use of bum-lube, it's on a topic I don't have a deep and intimate knowledge of.

but thanks for coming out deepy~!

5. SlipperyPete

i'm not at home, i'm at school -- there is still the lingering thought of doing some work on this, all hope for which would be lost if I went home.
    the art of procrastination is more difficult when removed from the tools needed to waste time effectively (i.e. video games)

6. joey

joey TRIBE Member

i once wrote a comparitive essay on kraft dinner and easy mac

it was 1500 words

7. deep

deep TRIBE Member

what's it on? do you have point form notes? Just arrange them in an order that makes sense, skim over them and bullshit your way through it. Half of making a presentation is just being able to make conversation with the material and not just going up there to dump facts.

8. SlipperyPete

yeah, i have notes and whatnot, I just hate being the centre of attention when you're supposed to sound intelligent and what not.
    I've found a way to kill some more time -- i'm hungry

byebye bored!

9. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

fram, if you fail this course and consequently don't finish your 3 year degree in this your 5th year, i swear to god i'll slap you until you squeel. do your work. :D