Hamilton people...

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by sentence, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Lemme think......it was 5 years ago, but I think I lived at 157 Cline South.

If you're in the same place, please tell me how the hell that fireplace worked.

2. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

I live on Cline North. But believe it or not there's an electric fireplace here that we've never got to work! :D

3. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Oh Jonny...I said it to someone else before...don't preach at the customers!
    I've seen no bitching in this thread...just people giving suggestions and ideas.
    And don't give us this "you don't know what's going on behind the scenes" stuff, because a lot of us were partying/promoting while you were still suckling at your mother's tit! ;)

4. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Beauty!!

Richard

5. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Flyers???
    I guess one of those might have said something
    Oh well :)

Richard

6. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Yay! I'm happy to hear that other people out there like trance...I was beginning to think I was the only one left in Hamilton.

I agree...we need more trance events in Hamilton.
    But I also agree that a purely trance event or regular trance night in Hammytown would completely flop. This is a breaks town. Breaks and maybe jungle are the only types of electronic music that would truly thrive in this city. And, if you like this music, then Fever is the place to be...ever since they redid that place the scene has seen a pretty big revival.
    If you like trance, well then you'll have to settle for the occassional event, like those thrown by Negative Space. A huge crowd came out for Hartec, but I was really dissappointed in the crowd (or lack there of) that showed oup for Hibernate. If you want more trance events in Hamilton, then you need to SHOW UP to them! I mean...think about it from the promoter's perspective...would you throw party knowing that it would flop???? WE NEED TO SEE MORE SUPPORT FOR TRANCE IF YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE OF IT!!!!

Now...on to plug my friends...if you do like trance, Negative Space has PHASE 3, who spins psychidelic trance/goa. Definitely interesting to listen to...so for those of you who are looking for something different (and are willing to break your musical habits and leave stereotypes behind) come out to hear him. He also spins some intelligent d'n'b with a guy playing flute to it LIVE...fuckin' amazing!

7. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

uh-oh,...

...the last thing I ever wanted to accomplish with this thread was create a trance movement in Hamilton.

*L*

8. Guest

Guest Guest

haha, it's definitely headed that way Joel. Whodathunkit?

But it's also really funny to see all these Hamilton people come out of the woodwork. I had no idea there were so many of us on Tribe.

9. 905IVE Crew

905IVE Crew TRIBE Promoter

^^^ All hail the TRANCEMASTER! Start a revolution!

(now you've gone and done it sentance, thanks a whole hell of alot bro!) j/k:D

10. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Next the will be beggin for Sasha and Digweed and Tiesto and Oakenfold.

Maybe you can apply for a gouvernment Grant to fund it!

Richard

11. 905IVE Crew

905IVE Crew TRIBE Promoter

My God thats amazing! I went to a highschool and I've heard of a Gary! Sheesh, who woulda known!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

My name is not Gary and I'm not wearing underpants. Wanna fuck?

13. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

OK guys...don't worry! There isn't going to be a trance revolution in Hamilton - of all places!

I'm just kinda sick of hearing people bitch that they want to hear trance, just to have them not even show up to an event when some gutsy promoter goes out on a limb and brings in a trance DJ. I really don't believe that there will be a trance uprising taking place.

BUT, you did ask what we wanted to hear more of...so you got what you asked for :D ...I reccommend Spice...he's an excellent trance DJ - wicked track selection. Or, give Voytek a try.

I'd love it if Kenny Glasgow came back again, and I'd love to hear more goa a la Blacklight activists.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

He was here last night! Mind you, he was just spinning his ass, not his records.

15. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

Is Gary a dj? Maybe we should book him to play in Hamilton. He seems popular.

16. joey

joey TRIBE Member

my best friend in high school was named Gary!!

17. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

My boss's name is Gary. I'll try to teach him how to spin trance.

18. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Hammer
    Hammy
    H-Town
    Steel City

Richard

19. Juan Love

Juan Love TRIBE Member

Some acts I wouldn't mind seeing (more often) in the Hammer:

c64
    Marcus
    James Flames
    Jelo
    The New Deal
    Capital J
    Hangman
    Kenetic
    Velocity
    Serious
    Illfingaz
    Vise
    Kenny G
    Dopey
    Doublecross
    Slip and Slide
    Paul Walker
    and last but not at all least...more of cats like Madame Pussycat because above and beyond the cries for more of the 'ardcore junglism and the prostate tickling trance likewise...THIS TOWN NEEDS MORE BUMBACLAT BOOTY HOUSE!!

20. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

kenetic was at fever lastnight.
    and jelo is also at fever pretty often.
    he is playing b2b with deko-ze on april 5.

*jen*

21. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

I can never get too much Booty!

WOuld love to see Doublecross, c64 and Illfingaz play in Hamilton

RIchard