1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Gorillaz @ the Docks

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by JEMZ, Feb 23, 2002.

1. JEMZ

JEMZ TRIBE Member

I believe it was Johnny Rotten who asked the question "You ever feel like you've been ripped off?" What a load of garbage.... this was the most pathetic attempt to perform a concert... I could have watched it on my TV, and been really fucken bored.

2. I find "mega groups" like these an absolute curiousity. I mean, the artists involved in the actual project (Damon Alburn from Blur, Dan the Automator, Del tha Funkee Homosapien, et al.) all go on about how lucky they were to get together in the studio and work on the album, but it seems impossible to get all of them together for a tour. The other thing is the album itself seems really great as a studio project, but as a live act, I'm not so sure. A friend of mine said that Deltron 3030 (which was comprised of Dan the Automator, Kid Koala and Del) was alright, but it seemed like each guy was doing their own thing and not gelling at all.

From the Ministry of sorry to hear that man, I saw that Tix were expensive.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

3. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

"You ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
    Johnny Rotten in reference to The Sex Pistols last live show.
    He felt he had been robbed of his life by his record label, and there was no fun left in it, only the business. The band walked off after playing only 4 songs.

Just to be historically accurate.. ;)

Thats too bad Gorillaz sucked. Their album was pretty good..